HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

You’ll get it faster if you order a limited edition color towards the end of it’s run. I ordered my Gecko on 9/4 and it was at the dealer 10/30. Right now Tuscadero is only being produced through January I believe, so embrace the pink and you’ll have it built in the first month or so. Also if you want it faster, don’t order MOPAR accessories. I ordered the Hinge Gate Reinforcement and Hardtop headliner and it spent a week at the Mopar facility to get those installed after it was built. I had Gorilla Glass and both safety packages on my order as well.

1 Like

That’s not really accurate… those are “Average Lead Times”

20-24 weeks is ~5/6 months. 2022’s are not going to only start trickling out in May.

1 Like

Well sure, it doesn’t mean every vehicle is going to take 20-24 weeks, but that seems to be what stellantis is saying to be prepared for.

Under promise and over deliver.

60% percent of the time, it work every time.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

What is the alternative? Pay $5k over MSRP for an in-stock unit that may or may not be the build you want?

I agree. I’ve yet to find a dealer that will really move on any unit in inventory. MSRP is about the best I have seen (throughout this year). That takes away much of the potential value, and often is not the build one prefers, as you had said.

I was also told the same by Chapman. They would lock the 4% off invoice, but that if the MSRP changes they can’t keep / control that.

That would kind of defeat the purpose of placing an order, no? That is assuming one could find a unit in inventory to do the 4% under invoice…

Nobody is selling a new wrangler 4xe 4% under invoice from existing inventory…

" assuming one could find a unit in inventory to do the 4% under invoice…"

Th invoice price would increase along with the MSRP, correct? AKA those of us who place orders will now miss out on the increase value of the deal. (before your MSRP was locked even if it increased by the time delivery took place)

Correct - placing an order without sold order protection means that an MSRP/invoice increase would make your final cost go up. The main advantage remains that you’ll be able to actually get one at all, which could be a challenge for most of ‘22 if this year has been a guide of what to expect.

They CAN do something about it, they just don’t want to because it’s more paperwork/process.

Hi everybody just got my 4xe yesterday. I just wanted to ask is there a way to adjust the passenger seat headrest. It’s my first car so please don’t crucify me for asking thanks in advance!

The front adjust up/down. There is a release button on the left side of the base. (Facing forward)

Well, completed the deal and sold my 4xe. Didn’t intend to flip it, but I can get by without a vehicle for a while and the money was too tempting.

Just to chime in to the above discussion around brokers and all, I found that particular 4xe deal by myself and did all of the negotiations, etc. However, for the next one, I’m definitely going with a broker. I didn’t do any better on my own, even factoring in the commission and shipping, and there was a fair amount of hassle involved.

3 Likes

The money is always tempting LOL. Did you fly/have to drive far to get your 4xe, or have it delivered? I’m not looking to replicate the deal or know the dealer name,etc… just always interesting to see data points and hear the experience.

Is/Has anyone considered using this for the 4xe?

https://shop.tesla.com/product/j1772-gen-2-wall-connector

@mllcb42 our in house engineer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Should work just fine. I’ve considered picking one up for that use. I’ve heard good things about the gen 2 chargers, but I haven’t dove in yet to the capabilities of recording data for utility company info yet or looked at IP ratings to compare against some of the nicer non-smart chargers if the data capabilities are lacking.

2 Likes