HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

Haha notice it has steel bumpers too!
Number on ad seems legit too

Ah, the good ol ā€œ49 mpgā€ claim

3 Likes

I donā€™t think CL is the right place to list a 2021 for $42K vehicle. Iā€™ll bet the poster is getting some fun responses.

1 Like

If someone is desperate to sell then list it on cars.com. He will get lot of responses.

Has there been any issues with the 4XE PHEV system? We had the Pacifica PHEV for 4 years and had quite a few problem with the recallsā€¦ during the first year they swapped out with the next model year but still had issues. Interestingly enough, some of the issues was with the 12v battery and not the PHEV battery system.

I think these are different PHEV systems but considering itā€™s Jeep/Chryslerā€¦ I was wondering.

Has anyone got a good dealer in Socal they would recommend?

The 12v batteries that FCA uses across the board are horrible and cause issues for lots of vehicles, no matter if theyre phevs or not.

The electric coolant heater has been causing a small amount of people issues. When it throws an error a few times, the computer locks it out and it must be replaced.

The 4xe also seems to be pretty sensitive to improperly grounded chargers or out of spec voltage supplies.

Anyone else run into this? My 23 Wrangler 4XE started popping out the fuel door during start ups. After closing the fuel door manually, I could not open it from the electronic release button. I did not bother to check fuses in the beginning and once I seated all of them, the automatic opening during start up went away and I was able to open the fuel door from the button.

Except my check engine light wont go away and the car still says the door is open. Tried my trusty BlueDriver OBD tool and it says fuel door stuck in open position. It showed up as a permanent error code, thus cannot ne reset.

Drove the car for <40 miles over several driving cycles with no reset yet. Got a service appointment scheduled for this week but hoping I can avoid a trip to the dealer.

My first 22 did this periodically. Asked the dealer and they couldnā€™t replicate and it flipped anyway.

Did recall some others had this issue with some googling. Worth bringing in when you can but it wasnā€™t a fuse or something easy.

1 Like

anyone know when and/or how much the most recent 4xe price hike was?

Thanks in advance!

Monrovia CDJR

About a month ago and about $1200-$1600 higher if I remember correctly

1100 for the Sahara
900 for the rubicon

Plus some of the options went up too

@Bostoncarconcierge posted the list a few weeks ago

2 Likes

Any latest MMR data on 23 Sahara and 23 Rubicon.

1 Like

Has anyone sold a car to DRIVEO? I have an offer for about $2k more from them than any local dealer, but I donā€™t want to make the 200 mile drive if they are going to play games when I get there.

For anyone who has sold recently in the NYC area, any recommendations on who to contact? Everyone that Iā€™m talking to has me underwater. Just looking to get out clean and not owe money. This wasnā€™t a flip for me. Always wanted a Jeep, but have come to realization Iā€™m not a Jeep person in the way that it drives.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

How do transfers of Wranglers from one dealer to another work? The dealer I use to sell 4xe to in Central Florida went from have 5-6 to over 40 in stock. I checked the Carfax and the cars all originated from Chapman :slight_smile:

Did Chapman just have too many cars and sell to other dealers? Does chapman still get the boost in allocation numbers even if they sell to other dealers?

Thatā€™s funny most of trx for sale here in Ca originated from Chapman

No idea how that works

It would probably help to clarify that these are all brand new 4xes that never touched a customerā€™s hands. They never got flipped. They arrived at Chapman and immediately were transferred to the Orlando Dealer.

I would imagine chapman sold them in bulk to fla dealer. Big Dealers were buying all the inventory from small town dealers for above msrp during covid.