HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

Yes, go in with that offer certificate at any other AN dealer and see what they say, they are instructed NOT to compete with each other when people bring their certificate offers and they should honor it…

1 Like

NJ sucks, I’ve sold a few but it has been difficult. My wife sold her X5 out of state in MD and actually walked away with 3k, tried to sell it to wherever I could in NJ and she was underwater or even at best. There may be some validity in looking out of state but it’s also more leg work.

I don’t mind doing the leg work and selling it out of state. I just don’t know which dealer to approach. Just pick a state and call every dealer out there?

That’s the leg work, you have to try and figure out who is paying the most. I would stay close enough to drop it off though. Try all the online people too, most of them will arrange pick up. You could also try @Clutch and @AutoCompanion.

1 Like

I have tried every online buyer and over 20 dealers in NJ. All of them including clutch was around $56k. I’ll reach out to AC to see where they at

Autonation dealers can take a little legwork when it comes to a CCAP lease. I’m about 2 hours drive from closest Autonation dealers in Chicago area. The default routed dealer flat out said we can’t buy a Jeep lease, you have to take it to a Jeep Autonation dealer (closest one like 4 hours away). I called the Audi and BMW Autonation dealers in Chicago area, they both indicated they could take the vehicle via CCAP lease. When I got there they had the paperwork ready; however, the used car sales manager eyes raised when he saw the value. He did not want to take a loss so he had to call Autonation corporate to get some sort of assurance, all in all it worked and they honored everything, but could take some leg work to get a dealer to play ball, it’s a different experience than say carmax where they all operate the exact same, there is quite a bit of variability between dealerships on how they handle the appraised trade in. Keep preserving, if the BMW dealer fell through I was going to take it the Audi dealer next.

Try to work with someone in sales, not the used car sales manager. I have a feeling in my case the sales person was making a little $ commission on bringing the used car in or she had some sort of incentive to help me. I could be way off based, just an observation the sales person was super helpful, used car sales department not so much.

3 Likes

go random. pick a few big jeep dealers in PA, OH, IN, etc and get their used car buying manager on the line. take pics of the car all 4 sides, the inside, the window sticker, the vin sticker, and the current mileage and have it ready to text.

1 Like

I’ve had nothing but great experience with AutoNation dealers-they’ve always honored the prices given, and even bumped the offer this time for my Jeep by $1250 more than quoted ( $52K to $53,250) Just got back from there, paid me with ZELLE and money is in my account immediately.

4 Likes

That’s awesome. That was a benefit to Autonation. I left with payment in hand. The local Jeep dealer will not pay until they receive title. It’s been over 3 weeks in my case and still waiting.

Did they pay off your lease right away though?

My local AutoNation dealer consistently offers low and on the one occasion I did take them up on an offer, they lowered it on a like new vehicle.

Sold mine to a Jeep dealer as well. They sent wired payment to CCAP on 8/23 but payment wasn’t posted until 9/6 for whatever reason. Ended up picking up the equity check about a week later.

100% this. My Autonation unseen value came at $63.5K however the honda autonation dealer said that they cannot honor that and some things about we will take a loss and all that. I ended up selling at 62k to another dealer but this is true about working with the other autonation dealers instead.

Yes. They sent the payment immediately. My account was closed today. I am going to call this week and inquire about my payment and if they received the title.

update when I called today they did confirm they received the title and then they put me on hold and said they were printing my check. Not sure how long I would have waited had I not called.

1 Like

With all this talk about AN dealers, I wonder if my experience was a fluke with mine being pretty upfront and didn’t play the usual dealer games. They only offered me $500 less than their first quote and got the equity check the same day. Though it took around 2-3 hours for the whole ordeal. I didn’t use them a second time because they claimed that the color of my Jeep was “a slow seller” and gave me around 10k or something under MSRP. I would dare to say YMMV completely with AN dealers. Even the same one can go upside down the second time around.

Is the Jeep dealer payoff the same as costumer payoff? I call Chrysler Capital and they only gives me the costumer payoff, not dealer payoff. I’m selling to a local Jeep dealer. If the dealer overpays CCAP, will i get the refund?

Dealer payoff is less fees/taxes. Also if the dealer overpays, CCAP will send you the balance.

So I can let the Jeep dealer use customer payoff in the contract? The dealership seems to know nothing about buying lease.

Dealership need to get the payoff from CCAP.

Beach day

22 Likes