HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

Theyve always had the status lights

So an update on SoCal pricing for my 2022 Wrangler 4Xe Sahara $60,790 MSRP ($62,905 on sticker)

Allcars: Inspection was done 9/15, asked them for update, they said ā€œwill get an update today (9/19)ā€ still waiting haha Also, my account was showing ā€œoffer pendingā€ online, but after 9/18 car was removed from account
Few more local dealers didnā€™t respond or were at $50K
Vroom went down to $41K (again, no leases bought)
AN: Quoted the same $52,500 a week earlierā€¦ Local Non-Jeep dealer associated with AN was offering $500 less than the previous weekā€™s quote, I told them Allcars offered $53K and this dealer came back yesterday with $53,250 pending inspection, so will go with them tomorrow AM

P.S. Registration in CA for this one was a lot harder to do, due to lack of competence on CCAP part-still waiting on ONE piece of paperwork that CCAP failed to send to DMV-good thing dealer will buy without registration being completedā€¦

3 Likes

carvana just got back to me finally today after a week. offered $53.5k

1 Like

theyā€™re right sales tax on cars here is 6%

Then CCAP owes me on the RAM lease???

Same experience - but in my case the offer went from $58K to $46K. He said offers change weekly so just wait a few weeks and hopefully a drop in inventory may bring the price back up.

https://www.caranddriver.com/research/a31552949/florida-car-tax/

technically not sure about that one depending on the county you live in and if you bought it in vs out of state.

7% for me in Brevard county

1 Like

yeah its 6 for the state and 1 for the county.

Yeah, we havenā€™t moved since the RAM lease. Pinellas county. Both leaders were from our of state dealers. Does not compute.

Itā€™s been mostly downward last few weeks and with 2023ā€™s rolling out- doesnā€™t seem like a swing will happenā€¦ maybe it will, but I will move on with the sale now :+1: Iā€™d still have $2.5-$3K profit

2 Likes

Got a strong offer for a 22 Rubicon 4xe from Autonation, almost $59k with a $51k payoff in the Tampa Bay area. The certificate had the closest Autonation dealer to me which is a Mercedes dealership. Made an appointment and when I went up there, the salesperson said they couldnā€™t honor that price because they are not a Jeep dealer, they sell Mercedes Benz. Wtf?? Donā€™t see any Mercedes on your lot. Arenā€™t you in the business of selling cars?? She kept going back and forth with a ā€œsales managerā€ and the most they would offer was $3k less than what was on the Autonation certificate. They claimed they didnā€™t even realize Wranglers stickered for that much ($62ish MSRP). Jeep is mint, registered with permanent tag, and has less than 1000 miles on it.

I thought Autonation was a national brand and the offer should be good at any Autonation dealership? That they were just the intermediaries handling the paperwork. I tried calling Autonation corporate but was fold by concierge that all associates were busy and I would receive a callback within 48 business hours. Not holding my breath with that one.

Any advice as to what I should do? Try another Autonation dealership nearby? The offer on the certificate is my best by far but I donā€™t want to be jacked around by every Autonation dealer around me. Thereā€™s an Autonation Lexus dealer nearby as well as Ford and Chevy. Maybe call and ask for the used car manager instead?

Sold my first 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4XE Hard top with Cold and Safety package. MSRP $67.6.
Clutch was $57K
GMTV $60K when asked to improve they withdrew.
Local Autonation came at $60.8K
Local CJDR dealer came at $62k. Sold it to them.

9 Likes

This would be a good start. :+1:

Location?

DMV. Northeast.

1 Like

Nice! I wish mine would just arrive

Great job getting those offers in northeast. I am struggling to get anywhere near $60k for my $68.5k rubi in NJ.

So there is still hope for 23s

maybe sell out of state. a lot of people i talked to down here in FL were dying to buy rubicons. might be worth the hassle for a few thousand.