HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

Well long time since I replied in the 4xe post. It was back in 2021! Anyways i got my 2021 4xe back in November 21’ MSRP 67k residual was 41k. I got 17 months left on this puppy but back in 2022 the battery and charging system took a dump and the dealer had my jeep for a month! Complaints were made last year to deaf ears. Fast foward a year and I get a random call from jeep to offer compensation of 3k and the mopar extended bumber to bumper warranty for my troubles or repurchase of the vehicle under the lemon law. Im in California btw. So here is the dilemma do I just take the 3k and free mopar 100k warranty. And keep my 1 pay lease or let them refund me my money and go out in this market condition and try to find something else worthy. I got a little one on the way so i prolly was leaning toward the repurchase. Even in the inflated market. Any Thoughts or recommendations or deals on suvs? Mucho appreciado for any comments

4 Likes

@Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto if you are in CA

Ordered a 24 HA for wifey 2 weeks ago. The wait begins :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Mitch at Ourisman?

2 Likes

Yes, good guess. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d like to get on this 4XE Willy’s trend. Can anyone recommend a broker? I’m located in Portland, Oregon.

Thanks

When do 24’s begin to go into production ?

1 Like

Waiting on this info too. I wanna wait to get a 24 when they come out

The week after you get tired of waiting and order a ‘23.

4 Likes

Radman, I’m in Bend. I’m on the fence with Clutch on a Willy at 9% but it has options I don’t need. I’ve been trying to get a local OR deal to avoid paying for transportation from AZ. But the best I’ve gotten is with Tonkin in Hillsboro at 5% off with a 40 basis add on base MF. They are claiming only $14k in rebates instead if $15k. Assuming it’s the $1k cash from the website. Who have you reached out to?

1 Like

Interesting case - what would they offer you for “refund my money” exactly? The remainder of your one-pay, the entire one-pay, or something else entirely? I don’t see how the bumper to bumper warranty is useful unless you are planning to buy it out.

Hey @Cabo2Bend, 9% from Clutch is pretty good. I haven’t reached out to any dealerships as yet, but from what I see on Tonkin(Milwaukie) site, 1% off MSRP and $14K as well. What’s the cost for transport from AZ to Bend? I was thinking about reaching out to Clutch. Also, I don’t remember which broker was advertising the below since I was looking earlier this month.
WASHINGTON & OREGON
$2,000 DAS; $295/month + TTL
36 months; 10K miles

1 Like

Yup, that was Clutch. That payment was for one with limited options (only black hard top). He had 5 Willys earlier this week (MSRP $62xxx to $63xxx). Payment around $33x. I think shipping would be around $1k. So looking at $1,500 with broker fee and shipping. Give him a call.

The agent working on my case says they will follow CA lemon law legislation. I read the legislation and basically the costs of the lease are to be all factored into a formula. The only deduction being the miles which was only 5k when the care was taken into service. Formula (5000 miles driven / 120,000 miles life of vehicle) x ($54,043 cash price of vehicle) = $2251 (mileage deduction). So the repurchase price should be $51,972. I paid $15,940 upfront for the entire lease which included the 1 pay and dealer fees and taxes. My end of lease buyout price is about $41,800… So to answer your question they havent told me the repurchase price yet they should get back to me this week, but it should be around what I have shown. According to the lemon law i am only deducted $2251 for miles the rest of my money should be refunded after that. Not to bad if thats the case driving a 4xe for 19 months for $2200 snaps! Carvana and KBB cash offer are only offering me 43 and 44k to buy it. Another Jeep dealer offered 43k today. So looks like the must do option is let them buy it back and find a killer lease deal somewhere.

2 Likes

Well…another way to look at it is you paid $2,251 to drive 5,000 miles plus cost of insurance for those 19 months :). Not thaaat great.

Got it! Thanks. Keep me posted on your progress.

No 5k miles is when it went into the shop. Thats where they have to deduct from. Total milea on the car is 15k currently

1 Like

Gupton said they’re out of stock. Who’s got the best deals around the east/northeast these days? Local dealer is offering 7% off, no ADM or other markups, base MF.

Why aren’t you negotiating on this? 7% off is a good start, add in subvented lease and rebates and you should be at a good payment.

7.1%, with .00157MF w 11,500 in rebates = 614 with just first DAS on a 36month 12k miles
I am pushing on the % but wanted to see what else is out there / how far to push. Looks like 8.5-9% might be doable.