HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

This was briefly talked about a few weeks ago, but I finally went through my records on 2 of my Jeep sales - in each case a payoff was made/processed 4 days & 6 days before the payoff quote letter expired. However, I didn’t receive anything back as refund. Granted its not a ton of money, but shouldn’t that have came to me? Did the dealer keep or CCAP? Both of these were sold to the same CDJR dealer - a third jeep was sold to a different CDJR dealer and I got back a $1xx refund from the overage.

If there was a refund issued by ccap, it will show up in your transaction history on your ccap account.

1 Like

That’s what’s odd dealer #2 shows a refund shows in CCAP, but neither sale to dealer #1 shows anything other than the original payment. Not sure how the dealer could have made the payments in a way that CCAP didn’t see a need for a refund - especially since they show as processed before the payoff letter expiration. I assume it may be a mistake by CCAP, but not worth exploring what’s maybe $50 due on the most recent one (the first was back in March)

I am in a similar situation.
1st Jeep was sold to AN dealership. AN made the exact buyout payment as requested by CCAP the day it was requested. AN cut me the check same day. On CCAP account it shows a credit of my monthly bill which I shouldn’t have paid. That payment was refunded to me in 6 weeks by a Debit Card.

2nd and 3rd Jeep was sold to CJDR . They have a capability to find the payoff from the system and they never call them. Both made the payoff payment in few days. In reality the payoff amount was few hundred $$ less so there is a credit on my account. I talk to the CCAP agent and he told me that credit will go back to CJDR not me since payoff payment comes from CJDR and they overpaid it.
So far both CJDR has not send me a check for my cut plus the check they will be receiving for extra payment they made. Technically I should get the extra payment since the payoff was slightly lower then the one they pulled of from there system.
CJDR can easily forget about that payment if I dont go after them in near Future.

On 1 jeep I sold to CJDR I also made a monthly payment. That payment never showed up on CCAP account but as per my bank they received the payment. I have to Fax them the transaction copy to prove that they received the payment. They told me I will get it credited back to my bank but its been 3 weeks and nothing is credited to my bank yet.

1 Like

So sounds like however they made the payment CCAP send the overage to the dealer so its on the dealer who should send us the refund

Yes any overage goes back to the dealer who made the initial payoff payment to CCAP. Thats how it was explained to me by a CCAP agent. We already knew CCAP takes 6 to 8 weeks to send the check. Looks like we at the Mercy of the dealrship to give us the overage check in 2 to 3 months if they remember .
They can simply eat that and can tell us they never get it. They are not Guptons or Mark dealerships who will even return $1 if over payed. These local CJDR are one Slime dealerships…

yes. i’m a very good listener.

these cars were bought in the past month or two.

Sorry to hear that is the way your transactions were handled on the account. My dealer overpaid by a few hundred and I received the visa prepaid debit card in the mail for that amount. In my CCAP transaction history there is no detail of who made a transaction just that it was made. It feels like you as the account owner is would be owed any overages made to the account.

Anyone that got Ourisman’d actually get their plates yet? What a shit show that dealer is, hard to understand how a dealer could operate the way they do.

I think I’m behind most people but haven’t got mine and it’s been about 5 weeks. However the most annoying thing is I signed a power of attorney at closing. a week later they overnighted me another one to sign - then the week of Thanksgiving they sent me another one and then they just called me on Friday saying they hadnt received it yet (even though FedEx shows it arrived on Tuesday ). So they haven’t even submitted anything yet – should be interesting since I sold the vehicle three weeks ago

Yea, his “deals” looked good on paper, but can’t say that I’m pleased that they asked me for more money twice after I left with the Jeep, and I still don’t have plates over 2 months later.

I think they’re going to be in for an eye opener when they realize most of their Wrangler sales are flips. They gave a huge discount in lieu of a half mark up on MF thinking they’d make up it up on the back end. I’m pretty sure 80-90% of their 4xe sales were flips.

If I look back on my paperwork, I think my discount was somewhere close to 14% off MSRP (pre-incentive). It was my biggest preincentive discount for any dealer in the country, and believe me I’ve used them all.

Mitch is a really good guy and easy going. I must’ve chatted with them for over an hour. He’s a local grown NYC guy that moved down to MD. I even had the sales manager (Arbi) approach me inside the dealership to introduce himself. I can’t really say they “sucked”. They were terrific.

I also think they bit off alittle more than they can chew with out of state deals and weren’t really prepared to handle the “back office” complexity given they do everything in house. It probably would’ve been well worth their time to hire a 3rd party company (runner) to handle their out of state titling.

I think most people are bitching because they’re antsy to flip or either have already flipped and want to cash out their equity. That’s not really fair to them fyi.

P.S. I’m 5 weeks post signing and haven’t received my tags (NJ here). Your MD temp tags are good for 60 days so unless you’ve passed that timeline, I wouldn’t sweat it.

2 Likes

Sure he seemed like a good guy, but I’m not trying to make any friends so I really don’t care how nice he is, the rest of the dealership is either a legitimate shit show, or intentionally a shit show, idk. All my years of buying/leasing cars, I have never had a dealer call me after the fact asking for more money, this shit show did it twice already, and asked me for paystubs, I still don’t have plates and my temp is expired.

Earlier in the year I used a different Ourisman dealer and iirc they took about 75 days to get my perm tags and they supposedly used a third party :man_shrugging: - I much preferred my Gupton order where they sent me the paperwork a week after I signed and I took to DMV the next day and got my perm tags

3 Likes

Ourisman date of sale was 10/8 for me.
Title docs mailed out on 11/6 ish but was incomplete. Revised docs mailed out on 11/28.

They told me they would eat the late fees and need to use a title runner which is causing the delays but really, it’s just due to late submission.

What’s the drawback,if any, if the dealer let me do it myself? Seems like it would be better for everyone. - and if Gupton can I figure anyone can.

I thought the same that any overage should be send to the account holder but CCAP rep didnt agree.
I even have an argument with him on this but he stick to his point. Will see in few weeks who gets it since its been 4 & 2 weeks they get paid off.

2022 Jeep Rubicon 4xe with 4500 miles…

Payoff - $51.5K…

Offer -
Carvana - $42K
Carshop $49K
Local Jeep Dealer - $45K
Local other dealer - 53K

just to confirm customer payoff amount same as dealer buyout from CCAP?

1 Like

Should be the same unless customer payoff includes sales tax in which case dealer payoff would be lower - seems like a solid price what was original msrp?

$67K…
Yes! 2 weeks 800 miles ago the offer was 54K but they reduced it to $53K. they did tell me though that these are going for far too less in auction and they may not be making much but not sure what their play is…