HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

You guys are trying to flip Jeeps without even being funded? Lmao… this is hilarious.

How do you expect them to pay off your account without an account number? :rofl:

9 Likes

Deer Popcorn GIF

2 Likes

Alright y’all I scoured this thread and signed up just so I can get the advice of the hivemind. Before we start–I know I acted impulsively and didn’t get the best deal possible, but here we are…so help me figure out what to do:

Less than a month into a lease on a '22 Rubi 4xe black w/ cloth and soft top. Sticker was $60,385. I bought a hard top at the time of the lease, and it’s due in at the dealership next week, so my drive-off was high ($4800). Current buyout on the lease WITHOUT sales tax is $50,066. With sales tax is $54,613.

It’s the only car we make a payment on (and we also love it), so I don’t mind that the lease is $600/month. But if I could stay at that $600/month and have one exactly how I wanted it (Sarge with tan leather) I’d be even happier.

Do I shop around and see if somebody will buy me out? Do I see if Clutch can buy me out and get me in a build that would be the same price monthly?

This whole flipping thing is completely new to me. I just wanted the Wrangler and got it.

We’re in Nashville by the way.

Thanks for all the wisdom!

1 Like

So you leased a Rubicon 4xe soft top, then you added a hard top to it? Is that included in the $4,800? Did you order the Jeep at a discounted price, or take one off of the lot?

My understanding is that you’re ~$54,866.00 in on a $60,385 sticker?

Yes the 4800 includes the cost of the soft top. I took one off the lot (like I said, I acted impulsively).

Yes those numbers are correct.

You have Gupton in your back yard that will do 6% off invoice with tread lightly affiliate. Can’t hurt to shop around to see what price you can get for the one you have and then make the call. If you can walk with a check, reorder and get a better deal that might be worth it. But if you love it, maybe you don’t.

I recall https://www.driveo.com has been giving good offers around Nashville. Can’t hurt to try them and a few others to see where you stand. List of places to sell or value your car online

The window is closing on the ability to get a lot of equity out of these so timing would matter.

Good to know about driveo! I don’t care about getting max equity…I’m just trying not to pay anything else out of pocket. $4800 was enough.
Thanks!

Ok, your numbers seem about right then. I’d recommend selling the soft top separately; you won’t see much value for it as a package deal with the Jeep (unless you went private sale, but you need to get out of this now).

Also, your effective monthly is well into the $700’s, not $600/month. You can immediately throw as much money as you wish, but that doesn’t change the cost of the vehicle. You just seem to be a bit stuck on that monthly figure, so be sure to look at the larger picture.

If you bought the hard top separately as a part then you can just cancel the order, the cost I presume was rolled into the lease or you paid out of pocket from the 4800. Check with the dealer if you can just cancel that and get your money back… even if you can’t get all of it back, you’ll still save time and money than selling it 3rd party.

I get that according to the calculator the effective monthly payment is higher because I paid more up front. But since that money is already spent, I’m trying to focus on what the actual amount I’m paying per month is.
Does that make sense or am I missing something?
Thanks for the all the help! Driveo is already offering me $55k WITHOUT the hard top so I’m figuring out how to get that hard top money back.

You’ll never get all that hardtop money back. You can maybe sell it yourself for around $2500 if you are lucky, but you have to transport it, store it, deal with people. Best bet is to try to cancel it like has been mentioned. Even if you have to eat a few bucks, it will be worth it in the long run.

You are into a $60k rubi for ~$55k. That’s not bad. If you can cancel the hardtop, as mentioned, even better. Let’s say, worst case, you sell that for $2k, that puts you at $53k on the rubi. You really should have no problem getting that back for it now, so you’d recoup all your money, if not make a few bucks. Thing is, you wouldn’t have a vehicle while waiting for your new order AND, by the time it arrives, it could be a worse deal than you have now. There are no guarantees.

Does anyone know how much dealers will cut after looking at a scratch on the front bumper (plastic one on Sahara)? I am wondering if buying a replacement from fb marketplace or offerup is worth the trouble before selling.

it would help to have a photo…

2 Likes

I was able to wiggle the dealer down to 560 per month with $3500 out of pocket (Tax, title, fees) which I thought ended up being an amazing deal for this market. When I plugged it all into the calculator looks like I got a leasehackr score right at 9! Will update you all with numbers once I am done with work

2 Likes

For NYers who got their car from Gupton. In the package my friend got there is

• tax check,
  • a vehicle invoice looking doc (but not the CCAP lease agreement)
  • POA for
  • certificate of origin
  • odometer disclosure

Do these cover the DMV required docs? They say: Title, permission from CCAP, lease agreement, and POA (POA is obviously covered). Just trying to help my friend avoid unnecessary trips to DMV.
Do we need to print lease agreement?
Does POA doc cover both permission and POA?
Does Cert. of Origin cover title?

Thanks in advance

Edit: since there’s a check in there, are my taxes still rolled into my lease payments? Or do I not file the DTF-803 sales and use tax exemption form?

Need to fill out DTF802 and MV82 … use these pics for reference to fill out correctly.

• Some DMV reps argue that POA is NOT Letter of Permission, ask them to verify with manager to confirm that’s the case, some DMV reps and mangers are stupid so best to not waste time and go somewhere else. I just had to register 2 jeeps and had to go to 3 DMVs before getting it done.
  • Yes, need printed lease agreement
  • See 1
  • MCO is the title for a new car.
  • Don’t give the Gupton check to DMV, deposit in the bank, use a credit card for points to pay for tax and tags. The taxes were rolled into payment but you just got them back to pay to DMV in the check so you have to pay tax still thus DTF802.
2 Likes

From my audit experience, tax evasion is often vengeance for the actual crime that they didn’t have enough evidence to convict. I would be very afraid of that in some states.

3 Likes

Lowest offer I’ve seen. 22 Rubi. 66k Sticker. Midwest