HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

California Jeep Dealers have been posting fake deals for years. Go on yelp and you’ll see what happens when you try to get the “ad price”

3 Likes

Hemet is notorious for dealer add ons and combining rebates that dont stack on advert. I dont understand why people still go there

1 Like

Is there typically a dip in Wrangler prices over the winter in the Northeast (non-Covid years)?

The ‘22 Sahara 4xe is now my third car and would like to eventually offload it. I got it in May at 10% off, when acquisition was waived, there was a low MF, and did one pay, so very cheap compared to lease prices today ($13k).

I’m getting offers around $45-$46K now but haven’t shopped it locally and break even is around $48K.

I’m questioning if it’s worth waiting until next year when the fed rebate is reduced/removed and there is potentially a higher demand for Wranglers in the spring. I also wouldn’t mind having it around when it’s nice out.

I don’t see Wrangler values cratering too much but who knows.

Should I just take the best price I can get now and move on vs playing with fire?

Honestly at $13k one pay, this is really cheap. If you can afford it and the insurance I would just keep it.

Enjoy it this winter thru snow and enjoy it next spring when the weather warms up. Plus you’ll get over the depreciation curve more by next year.

I wouldn’t sell it now

4 Likes

Sold yesterday a 2023, Sahara, SOT, Advance safety, $62.7k MSRP for $53.5…

South Florida offers where in the $45k-$50k.
Called a CDJR sent pics, and info and came in with. $53.5… I went immediately and they made me call CCAP to get payoff (weird)… Of course they have the outage going on, spoke with the manager and he got the payoff in 5 minutes.

Done deal, and happy to be out of this one. I guess i could have sell it for more but I did enough research for me …

4 Likes

On a 21 HA I am seeing low $40s on this one. MSRP on this now would be $70k+…so there has been major tankage🤪

That is actually very significant change in Jeep valuation compared to history. In the before times, I tracked Jeep Wrangler pricing and the real world residual was probably 90% or higher after 3 years (same as Toyota Tacomas, cult-like).

Wonder if the invincibility is finally broken, or if it’s just a sign of the times.

1 Like

What else in this range could you drive for anywhere even remotely close to that deal? I’d say keep it, enjoy the heck out of it and if you get bored sometime late next year, you probably could sell it then.

There’s no doubt the cult like following which keeps residuals high and in this case you have rapidly inflated MSRPs and an large influx of supply on the used market. Have to figure over time the fundamentals normalize as the flip game ends and some of the inventory moves through the system. Personally thought that Broncos might hurt the Wrangler market but every year Jeep sells more Wranglers than the year before.

Agreed but it’s our third car including a brand new ID4 I’ve been waiting on and had to take it by the end of the year. We also have a Grand Cherokee L as our main family car since we have 3 kids in car seats.

I liked the Wrangler but not the most practical car for us and the FORM and 12v battery issues are concerning especially if it sits for a week or so.

I may just shop it around and take a high offer if a local dealer is really interested. Insurance is like $70/month so not terrible.

After taking a quick look at CarGurus, used retail prices are considerably higher in the South for 4xes so I assumed Wrangler demand is less in colder climates over the winter.

1 Like

What was payoff?

Sold my last Jeep today. It was an amazing run for me. I appreciate everyone’s input here. Extremely grateful for this community. Huge shoutout to @mllcb42 @drdvrgs @vinny for all their wisdom.

Switching notifications from watching to normal!

9 Likes

Part 4 was never a watching thread :joy:

I’ll take this moment to mention that:

The first quarter of Part IV has come to a close

Carry on.

1 Like

So…

Might we have a new bonanza thread for the GC 4XE soon…

Don’t tell me that. I’ve already written off taking delivery of my '23 GC 4CXE that was finally scheduled. The $7,500 will be gone and its not the exact spec I had wanted anyway, because the option was no longer available. I wanted hydro, tan interior with the blackout (?) package. :nail_care:

Oof like 3k underwater on my daily 22’ 4XE, 1600 miles.

2 Likes

:thinking: which trim?

Sahara, I think it’s a 22’ which is killing. If a 23’ I’d be break even maybe slight profit.

Ahh, very likely. I was completely disregarding the (known) fact that there are 23’s on the ground.