HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3)

Stupid that it’s public knowledge. Dealers prolly wise to it and pick ‘em off

Below table is upcoming 4xe auctions in Dallas. (100% GMTV)

If you look at their buy it now, they are all below MMR.

This is not the way a wholesaler usually operates.

They are doing this same garbage in the Tesla marketplace.

3 Likes

Per a GMTV rep they aim to make $300 on each vehicle so maybe they’re pricing their vehicles at $300 profit only :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Ten Rubicon’s… That’s not going to help the MMR.

3 Likes

Yeah I suspect something more sinister. I think they a trying to tank the MMR.

Create more fear and panic so they can buy lower.

It’s a demonstration of how fragile these algorithm are when 1 actor can seriously influence it.

9 Likes

Got mine from LA too, and I’m in IL. I got a call from my local DMV letting me know they received my docs from the dealership and to come in to get my plates. Took 15 minutes and there were no surprises.

They drive your Jeep to you.
Two drivers, one takes your Jeep the other driver takes another vehicle so they can get back to the dealership.

1 Like

That seems kind of low for the amount of effort. They do come and pick up cars too.

Not sure that the benefit is for them to lower MMR. Higher MMR more opportunity to buy and possibly higher spread. I think they want to move cars so they don’t need to store them.

Between everyone getting Koon’d, Chapman’d, Ourisman’d, struggling values, unknown tax credit coming up, ridiculous MFs, who is actually even considering ordering anymore of these? Seems like this is exactly when the music started playing before the Titanic sank.

9 Likes

Game over.

2 Likes

I don’t even wanna sell mine because the payment is so low,but Clutch gave me a decent offer and I think I’m just gonna take it and get whatever I can while I can. I have one more coming that I’m not even sure I’m taking because I hear the Titanic deck orchestra in the background.

2 Likes

If the $7500 goes away it’s truly game over. We thought the threat was ending 3rd party buyouts, in which case we’d have to just eat the tax. But I think through year end we should still have that built in discount.

The advice to order what you wouldn’t mind keeping should help vs. those who ordered stripper models. For instance here in the NE dealers are balking at buying a soft top with no cold weather package. But with hard top and or cold weather they could move it on the lot even if it gets chilly. And clearly a Rubi order is more valuable than a Sahara.

So a lot of us will be faced with a decision to take a ~$1k loss per order OR potentially go through a lot of effort for breaking even or a small profit. Really about how much your time is worth. But it won’t be as easy as pasting the VIN into Carvana as many are realizing.

I’ve ordered a bunch, only the way I wanted them, just in case I got “stuck”. Now I think about the MSRP on these things and just scratch my head, I don’t even want one anymore.

Just sold my 22 rubicon to a Jeep dealer 2 hours from my house for 63k after two days of shopping it around. Had tow, sky one touch, and leather. Offered me 3k more than anyone near me. 2900 when you factor the $100 on the rental car to come back LOL Have a plain one on order, let see how things are in a few months.

3 Likes

Does anyone officially know about the $7500 with CCAP now? Possibly @AutoCompanion or @Clutch ?

Just enjoy the truck for few months.
Get your utilities worth by doing Jeep stuff. Find an OHV trail and have fun.

People will need cars regardless and the raising battery cost will continue to drive new car prices up.

2 Likes

I ordered to flip but am keeping for another year now to do Jeep stuff lol. Sarge green Rubi attracts quite a bit of looks.

1 Like

Until the ccap lease doc for EV credit pass through is gone or amended. I would consider it still available. Keep an eye on ccap docs, as of right now it still say eligible through 12-31-2022.

2 Likes

What do you mean struck out?