HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3)

Is Kent in Nampa still doing deals on the low?

Uh-oh, your ride doesnā€™t qualify for Driveo
Below are some of the reasons we could not appraise your Jeep :
We are unable to complete our appraisal when there isnā€™t enough market data available (i.e., not enough local comparative listings, recent retail, or wholesale transactions).

For those of you who picked up at Mark Dodge in LA from out of State, what airport did you fly into? Whatā€™s the best option to get to dealership?

Lake Charles Regional Airport doesnā€™t have much inbound flights or non-stop flights.

Has anyone been successful flipping In SoCal recently. I have a 63k Msrp rubi en route for next Friday delivery. Itā€™s not end of world if I canā€™t flip as my payment is decent at 570 for 36/12k with only first due at signing, but I think I might wanna flip it if possible

1 Like

Where are you coming from?
Iā€™m in South Texas so my second Jeep, I flew to Houston and had them bring the Jeep to me at the airport.
They can take the Jeep to you within 250 miles from the dealership.

4 Likes

not too helpful of a data point but it might be worth it for pricing info - on the body color hardtop sahara (msrp $60k) i sold earlier this week for 56k i had called around a few jeep dealers in the tri-county area. most were trying to lowball me at 52k or below but one dealer nearby me said theyā€™d do 55k. told him i wanted my number and iā€™d get it. boss told me he wasnā€™t budging.

4 days later i called the dealership up and they bought 2 sahara body color hardtopā€™s from the family for 56.5 each.

funny thing is as they dropped off sahara #1, and left the lot to go get sahara #2, by the time they got back sahara #1 had someone signing on it. while they were leaving the lot people were looking at sahara #2 they just dropped off. i expect it to be sold by monday.

if youā€™re hunting for good prices donā€™t let these bums try and talk you out of getting the best deal for yourself.

5 Likes

Online dealers seems to be giving low offers lately. Might need to hit up the local dealers for better offers but YMMV. Most places wonā€™t buy without tags or plates.

Thanks! Didnā€™t know they offer that service.

1 Like

Most places Iā€™ve sold to or had offers from in SoCal bought without tags. One jeep dealer paid after they got title but didnā€™t care about tags. Another was AN and bought without either. The third was an independent used car dealer. The latter 2 paid on the spot without tags or title.

Two weeks ago that last offer was 54k on a 60k MSRP. Not great but net profit was $2700 plus free gas, and every other offer was 51k or less :flushed:.

2 Likes

They brought it to me at New Orleans airport. Didnā€™t charge for the service and I tipped the driver $100 even though they were an hour late. Didnā€™t matter to me as I just ubered to a highly rated Cajun restaurant close to airport and they met me there.

They were late because they had to charge the batteries fully for the warranty to be valid, but claim someone forgot and they had to wait for it to finish. Again, I didnā€™t care at all, but someone on a tight schedule might. Thank God I didnā€™t have a passenger, all of my accessories took up all the available space. (Dual top, etc)

1 Like

How do you think resale will be on the 2023ā€™s in one of the new colors

1 Like

Thatā€™s actually pretty good service if they can meet in Houston or New Orleans. That driver has to find a way back. Do they drive your car there or they transport it?

I assume they drive them all. They definitely drove mine. So if youā€™re concerned about the miles - something to keep in mind

1 Like

Hoping good since I ordered an Earl Gray - though Iā€™m still not sure how much I like it

Anyone have current MMR for Sahara? Iā€™m getting lower offers this week vs last week. Thanks!

Most recent sale could be the reason

2 Likes

Dallas seems to be coming in lowest each week, wonder why that is.

To those that bought their Jeep from an out of state dealer, how long does it take to get plates in your state? Iā€™m in SC, got it from LA. Iā€™m assuming Iā€™ll just get something in the mail and the dealer did the paperwork for me?

Or am I to go to the DMV here? Sorry for the dumb question, figured Iā€™d ask here before calling the dealer tomorrow

The dealer would just send the documents in the mail. I had to go to the DMV. They didnā€™t have a clue and kept saying I needed to pay taxes on the full vehicle price even after I explained that according to MO law, I donā€™t pay the taxes upfront but on monthly lease payment. Then I went to the local county courts for property taxes (Missouri). Same issues there. Finally went to a local titling company. They took $80 (If I remember correctly that included the titling fee and all) and had everything completed in three days (both county courts work as well as DMV work). Very convenient for me to use them and saved me many hours.

GMTV runs no-reserve auctions out of Dallas.

1 Like