HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3)

Did you confirm it’s a CCAP lease?

Not sure when the software was changed. I was very clear it has to be a one pay lease and confirmed multiple times via email.

The broker is saying they “recently” changed dealerships to Koons and now that the vehicles are being delivered, Koons is not honoring the one pay option but the broker didn’t know they weren’t going to honor the one pay option.

Again for those that ordered with Koons with the one pay option, you might want to try and get this cleared up ASAP.

1 Like

I didn’t. I figured by paying a broker fee, the broker would handle all of this.

Do you have to have registration complete and license plate in hand or is it all 3rd part driven regarding what they want before they wil buy? I know the account has to be funded at least by chrysler?

Rubicon 392 has entered the chat*

1 Like

4xe’s aren’t far behind it. My loaded Rubi has an updated MSRP of $75,510 which is post price hike from my Dec. order.

I would shop for some prices now. That’s not a flip friendly build with all the options and where Sahara Mmr is. But Gobi color helps you. Maybe see what @leasecompanions dealer or GMTV would price at just so you have an idea.

This consumer reports survey explains why flipping has been so lucrative-

Knowledge of tax incentives: Almost half (46 pct) of respondents had not heard of any incentives available for EV owners. Just over a third (34 pct) knew about “tax rebates/discounts at the time of purchase or lease”.”

I’ve always wondered why so many people were willing to pay sticker (or higher) for used 4xes

3 Likes

22 Rubi Base Price increase to $58,395 from $57,495 since early April, 2022 order.

The same reason that so many dumped their gas guzzling SUVs & trucks and rolled negative equity into their Prius loan way back in the day so they didn’t have to spend so much money in gas.

2 Likes

Yes looks like 3rd party asking for registration and plates in your hands before buying or cutting you an equity check.

1 Like

Yeah ik, which is insanity. My Rubi 4xe was around $70k and I didn’t check EVERY single box for the order. It will be interesting to see what happens to the volume of sales on these, once the credit is depleted.

The 4xe is more expensive, and (other than the power) it doesn’t provide much of an advantage over the gas variants IMO. Unless you are a person with a rather short commute, the electric/hybrid aspect on these is nearly irrelevant.

1 Like

So what’s the deal with Koons not doing (or offering) one-pay now? Anyone confirm if this is temporary or permanent?

@AutoCompanion ?

Their desking tool is not supporting it. It should be temporary is our understanding.

Unfortunately it is out of our control.

Provided the same discount and buy rate money factor. The dealer gains zero monetary benefit from not offering a one pay lease.

Ok got it and totally understand. That’s a big deal tho for someone who wanted to pay up front and save major coin on the interest charges.

6 Likes

Thanks for the response and will agree this is completely out of your/brokers control. It sounds like more so the dealership didn’t realize the one pay option. That being said, it’s a ~$2600 difference on top of the increase in MF and lower residual than originally discussed ~3 months ago. All in all, nearly $10,000 more. Again, NOTHING the broker did wrong, they don’t control MF and residual but simply mentioning the significant increase. From ~$15,000 to $25,000. :\

If the lack of one pay is temporary, PLEASE let me know. Especially if it will be fixed within the next couple of days/weeks.

1 Like

I know this is unrelated to the brokers but for those ordering from MoG, they also do not do one-pay.

1 Like

Does one pay make sense for flippers in CA? I only qualify for tier 3 credit because I don’t have auto lease/loan history.

No it does not
Tax is monthly
If you one pay you are paying the tax upfront

1 Like

I called CCAP to get the Buyout number. I was given a $ amount and then told to contact my dealership to arrange for a buyout. I then asked what if it involves a 3rd party and the answer was 3rd party cant buy my lease. I am 99.99% sure rep has no idea how buyout works. Or something got change in last few days.