HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3)

$7500 is taxable in Florida which has a Acq fee waiver for 39 months in May.
Midwest has a 39 month Acq fee waiver in May.

Looks like CCAP updated these again yesterday as the Southeast did have Acq fee waivers for 36 & 39 months.

1 Like

Plugged in Jeep for the first time, level 1 home charging. After an hour of charging the vehicle still says 1%, any idea what’s going on?

Edit, just went out to check again and it now says 4%, I guess it skips some numbers.

Echo Park provided the offer from their website. Had to physically go into the dealership to have the equipment and condition validated. Once that was complete, they did honor the online offer, and issued payment on the spot.

I don’t understand. How is a federal tax rebate taxable? And why in Florida, where there is no income tax?

My brother threw a set of 35s Firestone M/Ts with 2 inch spacers on the stock wheels. Looks pretty good, Pics don’t do it justice, 35s are so much bigger than I thought they were up close

23 Likes

As you stated it’s a Federal Tax incentive. Floridians pay Federal Income tax just like everywhere else.

Rebates on vehicles are taxable by Florida State Law. This varies state to state.

1 Like

Chrysler is providing the incentive, not the feds. Chrysler actually get the fed money.

1 Like

Sales tax is charged, not income tax.

1 Like

Many States getting Surplus Revenues and they still find a way to screw the consumers. Why would they Tax a rebate? because they can.

My derp. Still don’t understand how that can be legitimately taxed. There is no exchange of goods, it’s just a tax credit.

Someone getting paid.

Easy there chief. Dealer deposit is $500 and our Fee is $500. It’s outlined and disclosed throughout our process. It is to strongly discourage people from canceling, as order cancelations can have negative consequences for a dealership. Exporting a Jeep is another big no no as well. Language can be and will be refined over time, but there’s nothing nefarious here and it is pretty straight forward.

If anyone has questions about it, they can contact us directly.

1 Like

I am thinking it is treated as a down payment or rebate in your state. So it is taxed like any other money down on the lease. I was pleasantly surprised it is not taxed in my state when applied towards a lease.

If you purchased the car instead of leasing it you would pay sales tax on the full sales price and collect the Federal Credit when you filed your taxes. So that amount (the $7500) would be subject to sales tax as well.

Mine has an issue where if the charge gets under 10% or 20% and I try to add juice via Level 1 it glitches. Try a Level 2 and see what happens. Does your regen braking work?

I was not making a comment about what you WOULD do. The clause, as it is written, allows for that, however.

I have an HA order from 11/9. NO one touch top. I’ve seen plenty of HA on the interstate as my territory is up and down i75. Every HA I have seen with the 2022 HA wheels have had the one touch top. At least a dozen of them.

got someone that wants to get a new tread lightly membership. are there any discount codes still floating around? can’t seem to find it by searching LH.

Can you guys help with this poll?

You should add a line says “it’s a rip off” if you want real results.

1 Like

Technically, the rebate isnt taxed. Whats taxed is the lease, the rebate is just being used to pay it.

2 Likes

Some states make you pay tax on the $7500 fee rebate, NY is one of them.