HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3)

Someone I know put one in the shop yesterday.

Went to supermarket/FedEx to drop something off and came out 10 min later and it would not start lmao :rofl:. I tried assisting them via FaceTime to pop the hood and seat all fuses, tighten gas cap — nothing .

Had it towed to a local dealer. The service manager asked them what they did with it and then told them we have no idea what’s wrong with it lmaooo :rofl:.

It’s still sitting there and they have no loaner either. Apparently they’re out of loaners for another 2 weeks so carless right now. Told em to call Jeep and complain

2 Likes

calling Jeep Wave/customer care is the right call. they will be reimbursed for their rental fees.

Same with my brother-in-law’s. Tried the fuses and cap as well, no luck. Messed around with it for like 15mins, locking, unlocking, opening and closing the door and eventually just turned on. Has happened multiple times. Took it to a dealer to get checked out and a week later they had no idea what was wrong and couldn’t give him a loaner. His is a 22 Sahara with about 1k miles.

Yep. Exactly the same car. 22 Sahara with about 1k miles on it.

/people getting killed to get out from under payments they shouldn’t have.

Anyone know if it is waived for CA ?

Wow that sucks, you weren’t even able to enjoy them. I’ve had 3 so far without any issues, put 9k miles on #1 and 7k on #2… #3 was under 1k… all my fuses were loose and I seated them at pickup, maybe that’s key.

2 Likes

If you’re flipping, the rate hike doesn’t impact you much. $100/mo over let’s say six months that you keep the car isn’t going to make/break your deal. We might see people walk away from ordered cars, but this is still one of the best deals in the market. It’s super shady out there right now with dealers selling nearly everything at MSRP with marked up MFs etc. Getting a lease with a high residual, ~10% under MSRP, AND a $7500 rebate is unheard of in today’s market. Still a solid deal IMO.

1 Like

Where are these fuses? Under the hood or dash?

I been on top of all the fuses making sure they are correct.

1 Like

Under hood, left side, above the battery. Pop the black cover and firmly press them until u hear a click

are You referring to my driveway? LOL

Can dealers see your payoff with just your vin? Just got a low offer from a local jeep dealer

They could sure. Doesn’t mean they went through the 5 minute process to get it. Most are pretty incompetent from my recent experience. They probably think you don’t know any better though.

Once you demonstrate you know the market alittle bit they seem to wise up if you can get a hold of the right contact (typically either a GSM or used car manager).

1 Like

Yes! It’s creepy as f. A Jeep dealer can pull your payoff and payment from Chrysler Cap with just the VIN.

Funny thing was, the used car manager was like, damn man, how can your payment be so low? :joy:

5 Likes

Tell him you did a lot of research and discovered that a huge down payment lowers the monthly payment. :joy:

7 Likes

I don’t like to lie so I told him the truth, that I used to sleep with Meunier‘s daughter in college so I get wholesale pricing on Jeeps. (He didn’t know who Meunier was :joy:)

2 Likes

It is waived for only a 36-month lease in CA.

1 Like

Karma may be after you… many are experiencing zero issues. My 20 year toyota is a workhorse, but this 70k msrp jeep is a thing of beauty, hope it is reliable over the lease if not buh bye!

1 Like

Perhaps down the line with all the BS gone, you can flip both 4xe for $$$. That would be your silver lining. Good luck!

1 Like