HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3)

using carfax seems to be my problem. my vin isn’t in the system yet so i think that’s causing the bulk of the issues.

1 Like

Partially Ourisman’d/Mitch’d, he swore he wasn’t running my credit and I never received a credit hit alert. Sure enough, check credit karma, hard pull from Ourisman. My credit is good enough so I don’t really care about a pull, however, to do this twice for one Jeep is ridiculous.

4 Likes

Agreed. I would freeze my reports so they don’t do it again until arrival/delivery. Doesn’t really make any sense for them to do it now since the approval obviously expires by the time it comes in

1 Like

Is carvana super region specific or something because they’re giving me 48k on 57-58 saharas with like 500 miles =/

Carvana must be regional specific. The local Carmax offer was within $79 of the Carvana offer. Meanwhile the jeep dealer across the street from Carmax was $6,500 less.

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Random Jeep chatter

They called me today to finish the paperwork, it is ready for sign.
Only question CCAP or ALLY?

CCAP is the way

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Random Jeep chatter

Ally and usbank are the devil

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Rumor: Federal EV credit overhaul back on table

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Charger Hellcat WB spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

Anyone else not able to get a KBB instant cash offer? Every dealer near me uses this and i can’t get any offers.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Random Jeep chatter

Nope. KBB tells me my 4xe is ineligible for an offer. :man_shrugging:

KBB will only quote 21 and older. I used Carfax service and got a good offer on a HA a few weeks ago. Pretty much the same deal- your info is sent to dealers that pay for the service. Oddly the Carfax value was 1k less, but the dealer that bought paid at the high end of the KBB value- over the Carfax value. I would have never even thought of using a Mitsubishi dealer on the other side of town if Carfax did not connect us.

2 Likes

I just put my vin in Carfax and it came back with 61+. 22 HA 66k MSRP. If it’s a legit offer I might have to sell it.

Shop the dealers that have the offers. Of my 3-

Dealer #1 (ford store)- had no interest- not the type of car we do well with
Dealer #2 (kia store)- have 5 4xe’s and 2 392’s on the lot already and they are not moving- we can offer you 5k below what the Carfax offer is.
Dealer #3 (Mitsubishi store)- we want this almost new car- will offer 1k above the Carfax offer.

Me, Dealer #3 when can I bring it in??

7 Likes

Does Carfax offers has any legal standing.?
Do dealership look at Carfax offers before they give their offer. ?

No legal standing- it is a number generated- Mine worked out with 1 of the 3 dealers listed. Your results could be better or worse.