HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3)

I am thinking it is treated as a down payment or rebate in your state. So it is taxed like any other money down on the lease. I was pleasantly surprised it is not taxed in my state when applied towards a lease.

If you purchased the car instead of leasing it you would pay sales tax on the full sales price and collect the Federal Credit when you filed your taxes. So that amount (the $7500) would be subject to sales tax as well.

Mine has an issue where if the charge gets under 10% or 20% and I try to add juice via Level 1 it glitches. Try a Level 2 and see what happens. Does your regen braking work?

I was not making a comment about what you WOULD do. The clause, as it is written, allows for that, however.

I have an HA order from 11/9. NO one touch top. I’ve seen plenty of HA on the interstate as my territory is up and down i75. Every HA I have seen with the 2022 HA wheels have had the one touch top. At least a dozen of them.

got someone that wants to get a new tread lightly membership. are there any discount codes still floating around? can’t seem to find it by searching LH.

Can you guys help with this poll?

You should add a line says “it’s a rip off” if you want real results.

1 Like

Technically, the rebate isnt taxed. Whats taxed is the lease, the rebate is just being used to pay it.

2 Likes

Some states make you pay tax on the $7500 fee rebate, NY is one of them.

so i would pay $650 to get a rebate? sounds like NY

Yup pretty much, had to do it for all my Jeeps

On the rubicons, does eveyone have the center hood decal? Mine arrived without one…

Same, though our taxes are a bit lower.

I never saw any discount codes here. was it available?

Yes guess that’s why they stopped placing orders for them!! :grin:

Post a pic

1 Like

Maybe theyre talking about a discount code for tread lightly

yes i am. i can’t seem to find anything active and my google-fu isn’t good enough to distinguish between the tread lightly discount and discounts on the tread lightly membership.

Here’s my success story using this forum. Found LH 3 years ago when signing my first lease (2019 Tacoma); it was ending this summer, so came back here in January to see lease updates. Tried in Feb to get a Frontier, couldn’t find anyone to match numbers. Got sucked into the 4xe threads and the rest is history. Ordered a white Rubicon, added gorilla glass, floor mats, grab handles, plastic door sill guards. MSRP plus additions put me just above $60k, got the advertised 10% off including Tread Lightly affiliate. Got a shipping quote as low as $400, ended up paying $525 through central dispatch at dealership to get it to me about 24 hours after e-signing paperwork.

2/11 reached out to @Clutch and responded same day with numbers/process
2/12-2/13 I asked many questions and had great communication/responses
2/14 ordered via southern dealer (Louisiana) & got confirmation/communication through them same day
2/15 VIN generated
If I had any questions or wanted updates while being built, dealership always responded via email same day
5/12 Jeep arrived at dealer & paperwork started; everyone in contact with me was helpful
5/13 Zoom call with finance (so incredibly nice, helpful, personable); numbers matched exactly, acq fee waived since southeast delivery; no games, no pressure; warranty offered & declined with no pushing; added to central dispatch delivery list within hours after signing electronically; got a call that evening about an hour before dealership closing saying they already had a driver who could pick up that day & deliver to me in AL next day!
5/14 Due to the insanely fast turnaround time, Uconnect wasn’t even set up yet, so by late afternoon when I hadn’t heard from driver, texted my 2 contacts at dealership & both immediately responded; within minutes, Uconnect was done & I could track vehicle
5/14 Jeep delivered without issue that night

I am in love with it. So fun to drive, charging is easy & flawless both home garage & work parking deck charger. I have had Wranglers before, both hard & soft tops. Went with the factory soft top on this one and can’t believe how far they have come. Road noise isn’t bad, even on the interstate, and the ease of folding it back & putting back on is quick & easy. 100% without hesitation recommend @Clutch and this dealership. Definitely the easiest & least stressful vehicle purchase I have made!!!

31 Likes

Hi all. New here. Was pointed to this forum by someone on reddit.

I’ve been try to read through these three posts but they’re really long and info about steps to follow seems to be fluid.

While I realize this is a place for people looking to lease, I’m looking to buy a new Rubi 4xe. I don’t mind ordering but also wouldn’t mind picking from inventory which seems to be available (Chicago area).

Could one of you nice folks give me the quick and dirty to getting a good deal?

Tips to get a good deal:

If it’s a stock unit- pass it up. It’s likely going to be MSRP + hard dealer add-ons. You will likely pay $6-10,000 more buy doing this.

If you want an easy process, contact one of the active brokers on here @Clutch or @AutoCompanion and order the Jeep that you want at 9-10% under MSRP.

If you’re heart is set on a Rubicon, you’ll need to wait until June 15th ish to order a 2023 model as 2022 order banks are closed.

If your intent is to eventually purchase, I personally think it’s best to lease the vehicle and buy it out after a month. This way the $7500 credit is taken from the sales prices instead of waiting to get it back on your taxes.

There’s other dealers around the country that offer discounts on orders and they are mentioned throughout the thread, but most people are not going to spoon feed those to you.

4 Likes