HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 3)

That’s why the broker fee is worthwhile. No last minute games, MF changes, etc. There are dealers like Gupton where you don’t need a broker, but compare the terms carefully. Also decide how much you value your time and how well you can negotiate and read a lease agreement. In my case the $500 or so for the broker was money well spent, less stress, less hassle. Shipping is pretty easy, the dealers that are working with brokers here will help you arrange shipping. Quite honestly, paying the dealer online, signing virtually, and having the car delivered to my door was a pretty great experience.

3 Likes

Where are you located? I personally used @Clutch since his dealer was relatively close to me. Go find his thread in the marketplace and look at the pricing there. If you live in a different part of the country, there should be a similar broker listing their pricing etc.

1 Like

Thank you. I am in MN. Like 2 xe in overall inventory 200 miles around me.

The easy way? You reach out to one of the brokers here.

And why the focus on no affiliate? Affiliate is easy to get if you need it.

2 Likes

No one is buying 4xes out of inventory.

As @mllcb42 said, nobody is buying from inventory. You’re only likely to see this type of discount on an ordered unit, and plus, it’s fun. You can spec the car exactly how you want it.

Seems like @AutoCompanion is your best bet. Here’s a link to their Marketplace thread:

There’s a thread in “ask the hackers” about some poor guy who walked in to buy a Rubi, and paid way more than he/she should have. Trust us, if you’re unsure, pay the $500 or whatever and use the broker, it’s cheap insurance and you won’t have any surprises. You can get affiliate through Tread Lightly or similar for like $100. Your broker can help you here. Your employer may also offer affiliate if you work for a big company.

I thought the affiliate pricing was no longer available. Another question is, so does FCA still allow third party buyouts then? Is that how people are flipping these? Or are you taking out $50k short loans to buy out the lease and then flipping it to dealers or carvana?

So I’m out driving yesterday in the evening (in my beautiful bone stock Frontier S CC) and pull up behind a brand spanking new 4XE in Black with Black hard top. (No dealer bracket or anything) .

Guys got all his windows down, freedom panels off etc (it was near 70 degrees) so I end up pulling up to him at the next light , and roll my window down and say “hey man, beautiful ride, where’d ya get that from, did you order it or in stock”?

He tells me he got it on the dealer lot near Edgewater, NJ. I say, was it expensive? He comes back to me and says “oh they killed, I paid a few thousand over MSRP “ etc. I said, ahh man, just enjoy it and we proceeded to both drive away as the light turned green.

Point is, don’t cry cause rates went up alittle. This is still a great deal especially in this market and there are folks daily buying these things over MSRP consistently.

You have no idea how bad the market is for people buying/leasing new cars right now fyi

26 Likes

I’ll sell you mine :wink:

1 Like

No kidding, this website has ruined my view on buying leasing cars and spoiled me for life… :grinning:

3 Likes

Affiliate went away towards the end of last year and came back in january. It also isnt necessarily needed. There are plenty of options discounting deeper than affiliate.

Ccap still allows 3rd party buy outs.

We are a minority. Every time I hear what people pay for cars nowadays, I cringe. Most do not buy outside the local dealer, let alone from other states.

2 Likes

Im still amazed how many people post in the jeep forums/fb groups that theyre paying way over msrp right next to a link to a dealer doing way under. Even when its smacking them in the face, they choose to overpay.

3 Likes

Yes third party buyouts are still allowed, but could end at any time. TLDR is order your car with the assumption that you may be keeping it through the lease term.

Everyone here is leasing. Chrysler is giving the full $7500 rebate on a 36mo lease (not sure about shorter terms) plus your 7-10% discount. They’re either doing a one-pay ($12-20k) or paying monthly. Your dealer gets dinged if you sell/flip within 90 days, so try to hold for at least that long. Some are keeping their Jeeps because it’s the best deal right now and you aren’t going to find a better value (except maybe a Frontier), others are flipping, but depending on the market it may/may not be worth your time/effort. For me personally, I’m paying under $400/mo for a $60k+ vehicle which isn’t happening anywhere else in this market. I’ll flip if I find a replacement vehicle, but I regardless, I need something to drive. The fact that gas prices are sky high and i’m getting 30mpg+ on my 4XE doesn’t hurt either.

1 Like

They’re literally tripping over, and ignoring, great deals to sign on the ridiculous ones. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Ya ive seen plenty 4xe around LI and they all have LI dealer brackets. I have only seen 2 4xe with Darcars bracket to this day :laughing:

Any of you tow with the 4xe, I realize it is rated to 3500lbs. but just wondering about any real world experience towing a travel trailer right around 3000lbs.?

It blows my mind how little research people will do before making a big purchase. They’ll shop for cheap groceries or worry about how much of a tip to leave at a restaurant, but then will make completely boneheaded decisions when buying a car, house, or other relatively major financial choices.

6 Likes

I have seen few 4xe with darcars plates on nyc. Most are local dealers. You know they paid full msrp and did not get 7.5k back if they leased.

1 Like

Instant gratification. Don’t discount how much more some people will pay to have something “NOW”. I don’t get it though, the Jeep forums also lists dealers like Gupton etc. I supposed some people walk into a dealership, see a shiny new red Rubicon and have to take it home.