HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 2)

I need to stop reading this thread.
I am 8 months into an E-tron lease (about 530 a month on a 70k car). Dealer said payoff is 46k but they are offering 59k for the car…
these 4xe deals are tempting. i could flip the e-tron and get into one of these…

thoughts from the community?

3 Likes

That sounds like a good idea to me!

Rather drive the Audi but makes sense to take the money, drive one of these jeeps for a bit and get back into something better when the market stabilizes.

1 Like

Oh wow. The black is definitely necessary.

$13k can almost take care of a one-pay and let you drive for nearly free for the next 3 years.

9 Likes

Man. you are so right. I read a good chunk of this thread…time to do some legwork…

I sold my e-tron and ordered a 4xe.

3 Likes

There are other issues with the builder, so I wouldn’t take what it shows as gospel.

Pulling the trim pieces and plastidipping them black isn’t very difficult.

2 Likes

Exactly

1 Like

$6 at Lowes

2 Likes

The HA shows black light surrounds in the configurator, Sahara does not. The configurator is weird right now but I think the black grille and light trim will only come as part of the HA package. The mirror turn signals are also HA exclusive, as far as I know.

The configurator has all kinds of weird issues. Shows different things on HAs depending on color. Sahara non-4xes apparently come with a magical floating roof now.

1 Like

That wasn’t the peak demand the last 2 weeks of the year when all the kids are off school and everyone travels.

I had booked a pickup in Tampa on 12/18 and drop off in Orlando 12/26 and the best I could find in October was over $1000 for a Chrysler 300 or small SUV. That was only for 8 days. I kept searching and found some Thanksgiving weekend deal with SIXT for and x5 or similar xc90 for just under $700 prepaid. I’ve never used SIXT before but they seem reputable.

Since I’ve paid the the money already hopefully they know how to take and keep the reservation. Unlike Seinfeld’s rental car experience.

Keep the Jeep longer. Rental car game is worse than price drop on used after the holidays. Plus the tax refund car selling rush starts around the end of January into February. They will still need the inventory when you are trying to sell

1 Like

I thought the turn signal mirrors were now on the 22 Saharas?

The configurator on the site looks like both the HA and the Sahara have the black trim pieces. As mentioned the configurator is weird, sometimes it shows the HA with body colored bumpers and other times it doesn’t. Very odd.

It’s also using my employer’s corporate rate.

I wouldn’t make any rash conclusions off of trim stuff based on what the configurator shows. They obviously have lots of bugs to work out.

I don’t know for sure, just assuming and from what I have read, etc, which could be completely inaccurate, but mirror turn signals and black outs are HA exclusive.

That’s saves you some but not if they don’t have cars. I was flying from NC to LAX last month. Lady next to me was a pharma rep and was freaking out. I asked her what was up and she hadn’t booked a car yet and there were not any on hertz who her corporate account was with. She was triple diamond, presidents circle, top account and corporate. Absolutely no cars. I pulled up kayak and found her a car but all but 2 brands were out. Crazy for a huge airport like LAX in early November but they just don’t have the inventory either.

1 Like

Yep corporate rates are 350 a week with taxes included. As long as you can get a booking you’re usually good.

Situations like that just hop on Turo. Someone will meet you at baggage with their rental.