HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 2)

I’ll post my selling experience once the car gets here and when it’s registered. Carvana can’t give me a quote until they can check the Carfax and all. I don’t think quotes will change that much from now until end of the month to early next year.

It does recharge without max regen. There is a huge long hill right by house and i always gain 2 or 3 percent going down it.

What are General thoughts on car values now pre-Xmas vs. taking a blow as we get into the new year and we get into a slower time period for car buying? are we thinking like $500-1000 off value or like 2-3k?

Trying to determine if I should sell now and rent a car for my last 2 weeks before I move (~$6-700), or hold on to the jeep and deal with the lost equity by Jan 10ish, and sell then. Note I will need to make one more $500 payment in this time period too if I don’t sell.

500 payment + decreased equity (if any?) or spend 6-700$ on a rental for 2 weeks?

Personally, I’d wait it out, just to not have to deal with the rental.

Agree

Also I imagine a 2 week rental in So Flo is over $1000 this time of year anyway?

It was crazy expensive when I went to ATL in August and is looking a little more reasonable for Jax in May and RSW in August.

These flips are all found money. I’ll take convenience over a few hundred dollars all day. No need to water board yourself

3 Likes

Please note that the typical demand trends aren’t necessarily AS applicable as they should be; this has, by no means, been a “typical” market. Supply is still an existing issue.

Also, remember that these extra monthly payments are increasing your amount of potential equity as well (minus the rent or interest charge, of course).

Hard to say… I paid $29 for an explorer for a day a week ago that I dropped off in miami.

Wow. That’s exceptional.

You sure you weren’t hauling drugs unknowingly?

Also I agree w @zaimer

Dealers aren’t trying to clear the lots at the end of this year like we are used to. People are buying due to need and not for the deal. The market may dip for a little but it’ll come right back

1 Like

cinema GIF by Box Office

1 Like

I knew avis was up to no good!

My crystal ball says you’ll make more mid Jan. I also predict a dip in fuel prices, the oreos in my closet will go stale, you will gain 2 lb, and the NY Giants will win the superbowl. As long as I get 3/5 right, I’m a bonafide soothsayer.

3 Likes

I was just playing around on the jeep site for the 4xe build and I know that the 22 Sarahas are getting the blue tow hooks but in the pic it looks like the grill and fog surrounds are blacked out. Is that a glitch or did I miss that in one of these 4XE threads?

1 Like

Thats new for 2022

1 Like

The blacked out surrounds too or just the blue tow hooks? I had heard about the latter but not the former.

I believe the changes are blue accent (HA equivalent), mirror turn signals……and black trim?

It’s a pleasant surprise if true. The blacked out trim definitely looks better. I wonder if it is gloss or satin.

1 Like

Anyone have an example of what you’re speaking about?

Before:

After:

5 Likes

I agree it looks like the grill and fog surrounds look blacked out in the 22 build site, but it looks the same in the 2021 builder. Just for kicks i looked at the pdf i saved from my order back on 11/29. They looked blacked out there too. My Sahara def has the silver trim…

Can we confirm this is real for 22? Id love to see my new Snazzberry come out with black trim.

Same here, have a sting gray on order and I think the black trim is necessary. Hopi my it comes stock!

1 Like