HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 2)

Interesting. I’m getting $52k offer for $59k build on a 2022 from carmax.

What packages did you have?

The window sticker is 59k.

Cold, safety, hardtop

1 Like

Agree - Renting your Jeep on Turo is probably a bad idea. Primarily, because someone will undoubtedly take your flawless Jeep off road without much care.

1 Like

Wow that’s really good, I have a 62k (cold safety sot) that just landed at chapman that I might just donate to them, too much risk using autonations 54,500 bar.

If only orders could be transferred I’m sure someone on here would claim it.

3 Likes

My go to on my past two - kinda like the body color hardtop with the granite more than the black.

While I still can’t pull the build sheet, LC’s dealer says my Sahara is in the final stages of build and should be progressing to shipping soon.

D - 11/15
D1 - 2/7
Build(?) - 2/16
Ship - ?

There is hope, hang in there my fellow Octobers and Novembers.

3 Likes

In your VIN #, the NW is for 2022 and MW is for 2021.
Try changing these two and see if the build sheet pops up.
https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=

If I am planning to buy out my Wrangler at the end of the lease, is it wise to keep the mileage lower to utilize the higher RV? We are leasing to take advantage of the EV credit and lower payments.

Just a disclaimer: not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread:
I spoke with a JC representative on Tuesday and she said that they receive updates on builds once a week - every Wednesday. For my fellow mongers checking in on their orders.

7 Likes

$68k rubicon vs $63k Sahara almost same monthly payment. Which would hold stronger value ?

I mean what do you think lol

4 Likes

Not sure, is one more sought after compared to the other?

Mileage means nothing if you buy it out. If you want a lower payment for the lease then yes, lower milage will keep the RV highest → lower payment on the lease.

The reason why they’re almost the same payment for a lease is the residual value is higher on the Rubicon. Jeep is telling you, up front, that they believe the Rubicon will be worth more after 3 years than a comparable Sahara will be, and charging you accordingly.

For a lease, this is all you should care about. You’re leasing the truck from Jeep; all the matters is how Jeep values it at the time you sign the contract.

If you’re asking what “holds value” more after a lease, well, it’s the same answer generally (the depreciation curve doesn’t sharply change after 3 years). But you’re leasing it, who cares? Again, all that matters is what Jeep values it at.

1 Like

Doesn’t make a difference, if you’re planning to buy it out at the end of the lease anyway. You either pay more monthly in the first three years, or you pay more buying it out later.

It would generally make sense to choose the lowest mileage (assuming you actually expect to stay under those miles) so that you have the lowest amount of money “invested” in the deal. Sure you plan to buy it out – but a lot can change in 3 years, and you may want to just return it at the end. No reason to overpay the whole time if you’re not gonna use those extra miles.

The only potential difference mileage selection would make in your case is if for whatever reason the dealer changes the money factor (MF) for your higher mileage choice.

But, I’d encourage you to calculate how things would look if you just got a loan for the truck. If you’re top-tier credit (to get this great deal on the 4XE lease, you should be) interest rates are incredibly low, even for long loans. You still get the tax credit, albeit on your actual taxes rather than given to you as a down payment. But, then you’re avoiding the whole lease situation altogether … which you’d likely want, considering you expect to keep it past 3 years anyway.

Which part of NY? I got a lovely 50k offer from one in PA.

I’m pretty sure I hold the record for longest registration wait. Picked up 2021 Rubi in Sep, still no tags. Seems DMV lost reg packet which included the Manufacturer Certificate of Origin. Dealer had to order new one from Jeep :joy:

1 Like

Your temp tag expired after 30/45/60 days what did you do after?