HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 2)

did the dealer not allow if you wanted to do it yourself. It can be annoying to deal with dmv for some, but it maybe faster

For reals? Their scheduling has been a mystery for a long time. If you want to read internet conspiracy theories on why Jeeps are built in no order whatsoever, go over to the JL forum.
I really doubt anyone knows why they schedule the way they do, but the theories can be entertaining.

3 Likes

It just occurred to me as I was scouring rentals. Would the Wrangler 4xe be the perfect candidate for a buyout after you sign the lease and put it on Turo?

Until the first renter decides it needs to be put into 4 low to drive around the neighborhood

6 Likes

Or until it randomly shuts down, enters FORM, etc.

3 Likes

I’m trying that on my 2nd one- waiting to hear back

I read enough Turo horror stories to decide against that

1 Like

What are the current colors available on the Rubicon? Is it just no tuscadero? Any available colors not on the build site? Sorry if it’s been answered before.

High Velocity Yellow is now available.

2 Likes

59k Sahara 2022, sold to Carmax 56k

17 Likes

Nice. Did you do manual appraisal and had your registration?

Yes to both

4 Likes

What color was it and region/state are you in.

Crazy offer

Is 59k post January MSRP hike?

If you want to put a Wrangler on Turo, your best bet is to buy (not lease) the cheapest Sport or Willys you can get. People renting on Turo don’t care about the spec or extra features, they just want “a Jeep” and have no idea what the differences are. It’s gonna rent for the same money as a Rubicon, but it’s a lot cheaper up front and simpler to operate/maintain.

Don’t think it’s the best strategy to try and Turo a brand new $65k 4XE in general. But it really isn’t when it won’t command much more money than a base model Sport anyway.

4 Likes

I believe Sarge green is still available but not currently showing on the build site but it is on the order guide last time I checked the new one that just came out last week.

1 Like

Well shit. That bums me out because that’s what color I wanted and it wasn’t on the builder tool. It’s a shame that Jeep lets that get so out of date.

Pretty sure, I got it from Chapman.

Granite and in New York.

59k poc or new msrp