HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 2)

Sure does feel like Jeep built the 7.5k rebate into their pricing ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That was my initial thought. I think they built the entire rebate plus some into it, right out of the gate. I can’t say that I blame them.

I think the GC 4xe will capture a different part of the market, people that didn’t quite fit the Wrangler bill. With the rebate still available and this being a brand new model, I don’t doubt that these will sell. They just maybe won’t be quite as attractive to a portion of the LH community.

1 Like

spray paint, plasti dip would work great too.

1 Like

Based on used 4XE sales and my own anecdotal evidence over the years, I don’t think the general public has any more than a basic understanding of the EV tax credit. The closest anyone I know personally has come is my sister asking me if she would get $7500 if she purchased a Nissan Leaf.

I said you will get it back when you do your taxes as long as you pay that much or more. I don’t know how much she pays in taxes, but it apparently wasn’t that much. She told me she thought she could put $1k down and get the balance, $6500, back right away after buying it.

1 Like

True, however some dealers do advertise the $7,500. I would think this may become even more true with the prices of the GC 4xe. Without the rebate, why would someone purchase the pricier hybrid over the traditional gas (other than the diehard tree huggers lol).

1 Like

We could also assume supply/demand to be a likely attribute to the current 4xe market as well? The inventory has been scarce and many people don’t wish to wait months for a new vehicle. I do agree that the EV rebates are not very well known, to the general public.

1 Like

No lie. I had a bike as my primary method of transport while my 4xe was in production last June and some asshole stole my bike right outta my garage.

4 Likes

Should be interesting…

https://www.motor1.com/news/563412/2022-jeep-grand-cherokee-4xe-price/amp/

I think the price is going to scare people off to some degree. See my posts above. Yes, there are a lot of idiots that will pay over MSRP for a Wrangler, any Wrangler, but this is a different segment. There is no “Grand Cherokee Wave” after all.

2 Likes

I don’t know what Jeep is smokin. Unless these things have residuals in the 70’s these ain’t gonna look good…

5 Likes

I wouldn’t underestimate the love for the Grand Cherokee - I see tons of them around. Don’t they even outsell the Wrangler annually?

Add in the whole EV hype and excitement of a new model, and I imagine Stellantis will have no problem moving these very quickly at or even above MSRP…

Which years and trim levels though? Get into the used and the GC is a relatively cheap vehicle. They also used to lease out well enough. Now we’re sitting at $60k, $70k and basically $80k for a top dog? This is a different bill from the wallet.

leasing is not their target market… they won’t have much of a problem moving these

2 Likes

I agree. Like I had said, unless we see high RV’s and low(ish) MF’s… I don’t foresee these being crazy deals, even with the rebate. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Looks like the base model of TrailHawk is good enough for everything.

My 22 Sahara just showed up early at Clutch’s LA dealer. I only found out 2 weeks ago that the affiliate program was back up and running. I’m trying to stall payment to meet the 30 day membership . However they claim the vehicle has to be paid within 4 days to qualify for the sold order protection. Anyone know if that’s true??

2 Likes

agreed. from a looks and options standpoint, this seems to be the best trim for me.

maybe you should just reach out to Clutch. I do however doubt they will sit on metal for longer than 7-10 days.

1 Like

if you lose your sold order protection you could be looking at $1500-2000+ price increase depending on your options. Not worth the risk to try and save ~$600

1 Like

You sure affiliate is valid on Wranglers? Could’ve swore it wasn’t.

I would also try to sign before month end before numbers could possibly change for Feb

1 Like