HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 2)

Any idea what’s driving the mark ups? Regional or case by case?

Regional is my understanding.

@Clutch

Wow, what an great read these 4500+ posts have been. Seriously, so much helpful info.

Excited to order a pretty basic 4xe, drive it in the summer and get what I can for it (making money would be great but even breaking even sounds fine too… or maybe I’ll just sell my overvalued other car)

Here’s the one thing I’m wrestling with. Based on my plan, and current resale values, getting no options seems to maximize profit. But being in the Northeast, I wonder if ignoring the Cold Weather package is actually a bad idea when it comes time to flip. If I were keeping it I’d probably get the safety as well or maybe another color but for a flip and some fun it’s seeming like white with a tan soft top and no add ons is the way to go. Also seems to maybe help me get built sooner. Thoughts?

5 Likes

Order it with what you wouldn’t mind keeping is the general rule of thumb here

2 Likes

I’d put it under one of those quality of life options that is worth it regardless of flip value. Plus, you aren’t really paying $995 for it, you’re only paying a fraction of that amortized over the lease period. As others have said, get what you’d be happy to be stuck with.

4 Likes

We have seen the same. When a contract is sent for an approval, a bank call is made. CCAP sends bank note to dealer and it auto populates with all info. Information that was relayed to us was that if the acq fee isnt stated there, then the one of the program guides is used. And these can vary. Weve seen anywhere from $595 to $1195.

1 Like

Hell, I’m in Florida and I optioned the cold weather package.

5 Likes

cold weather is one of the things I always want even out here in AZ.

3 Likes

These items below are on my build sheet under standard equipment for 2022. No need for dealer add-on tint charges.

Tinted Windshield Glass
Front Door Tinted Glass
Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows

I think pretty much all cars have tinted windows now. I wouldn’t expect it to be dark like you get at a tint shop except in the back.

It gets brutally cold out there in the winter, I lived in Chandler for a few years.

Can anyone tell me how to get an online offer from CarMax nowadays? I put the information in and I get the message they want to see it in person. I thought someone on here said you could request a link to send them pictures, but I’m not seeing it. If it wasn’t an hour away I’d just drive over there. TIA!

Remote start included so helps with interior comfort whether it is hot or cold and essentially $10 per month so…

Definitely regret not putting it on my order over here these days :joy:

Chat/Call them up and request a link. I remember reading on here that some locations stopped doing the virtual appraisal so they might not be able to.

Yes i just did this. First rep told me no then hours later went back on chat and was sent a link. Carmax just lowballed 51k offer for 62k HA w/ skytop 2,200 miles. Gonna have to change the thread name to How to not lose thousands on a wrangler!

2 Likes

I assume that was for a '21? I’ve only had 1 place even give me a quote on a '22

Thank you. I’m such a dope. I don’t know why I didn’t think to just use the chat feature. They sent me the link and I’ve submitted everything. Now, I wait.

1 Like

Yep correct

I had chat tell me they couldn’t send a link but called and the rep sent a link right over. Guess it depends who you get.