HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

I don’t have a problem per say - but it’s annoying that it’s state-by-state, really high, and inconsistent in terms of amount.

I’m over a month in since ordering with no movement. I must say, my 4xe journey has been a huge disappointment, from how I was treated by that popular MD dealership to now from Jeep. It doesn’t seem I’ll get it in time for any summertime fun. In hindsight, I should have bit the bullet and just ordered it locally at 1% under when the deal was first posted. Between the Jeep price increases, lease fees added, residual changes, and loss of use…I would have been much better off. Lesson learned.

Sold order protection…dont sign without it IMO. We don’t talk about that enough with regard to these jeeps, even though I feel like I am a broken record.

4 Likes

I don’t have any first-hand experience with that dealership, but I definitely agree with you on jeep. Their continuous changes to MSRP, option pricing, option availability, color availability, acquisition fee waivers changing, etc. must be an absolute nightmare to deal with as a broker or even a dealer.

Of course though, the end product is good enough that all of us put up with this in pursuit of it.

1 Like

I am still waiting for written language supporting the escrow theory myself. Was told by dealer CCAP would not do Single Pay (when it appears folks here claim they do) and was told UNLIKE GM,etc. there is no escrow component. Dealer seemed adamant when I pushed back, but without any doc or proof, I had to withdraw. I was hoping a LH’r who actually got Single Pay through CCAP would report written details beyond what we know from the training docs, which do not mention this whatsoever.

Some regions certain models are not listed as one pay possible

We tried a while back on a 4xe and it wasn’t listed as being supported

Since then it’s been added. YMMV

1 Like

CCAP absolutely does single pays and in their standard leasing literature it is all laid out, but perhaps certain regions do not? Jeep doesn’t do anything else in a straightforward manner, wouldn’t surprise me if they were awkward on this too.

When it comes to how the single pay is accounted for, in looking at my online statement it looks like they are in fact escrowing it as they show automatic monthly draws from the account which appears to be slowly eating into the single pay amount.

So this is a regional restriction from CCAP? I assume Ally or alternatives would still work? Can we nail down which ‘regions’ this is applicable?

Ehhhh I think that would be too much work

It can be region and model based

Call various dealers in your region to verify if needed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well the first increase was due to the dealer not responding back for several days and finalizing everything on the date of the price increase. (awesome right?) That’s one I have to eat for dealing with those a-holes. As for this second price increase I am assuming Gupton is going to honor the quoted price of my build. If he doesn’t, I’ll back out and just get my deposit back. I’ll be done with Jeep and just go pay MSRP +/- whatever to anyone else and get the vehicle day one.

That’s interesting about your statement showing that.

I think at this point I may just need to call CCAP and ask if this is written anywhere, or if they’re willing to send me something in writing. I doubt any F&I person will ever have an answer for this, lest they not be focused on selling additional packages.

1 Like

“PURCHASE OPTION PRIOR TO THE END OF LEASE TERM. You have an option to purchase the Vehicle prior to the end of the Lease Term for (i) the Residual Value, plus (ii) any past due Monthly Payments and any other amount due under this Lease, plus (iii) official fees and taxes, plus (iv) the Base Monthly Payment multiplied by the number of Base Monthly Payments not yet due (only if this is a Monthly Payment Lease), plus (v) a document or other administrative fee that may be charged by the dealer or third party processing such purchase, up to the maximum allowed by applicable state law, minus (vi) unearned Rent Charges calculated according to the actuarial method, plus (vii) the Purchase Option Fee described on Section 8 above. Please contact your preferred dealer for the amount of the document or other administrative fee."

What was this in response to?

What exactly does that mean?

its the single pay lease agreement, I thought if anyone has questions to how it works, the contract is here

1 Like

It means you dont pay interest for the period where you dont have the car.

1 Like

I understand residual and mf can change when ordered through Gupton but does anyone know if the sold prices are locked in since the msrp just went up. Ordered mine in June and waiting on build.

GUPTON has msrp and sales price protection so msrp jump doesnt affect you.

LH upload seems thats is not working. go to this link for proof

2 Likes

How do they get away with charging so much, even their document clearly says max $300 markup?

Dealer Markup - Dealer markup is allowed on acquisition fees of $595 or more for tiers 1 through 4 only; maximum markup is $300

Eventually it won’t matter. Everyone will follow teslas pricing model imo.