HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

damn, so which one you like best? and which dealer you used if you don’t mind I ask?

Calculation for payoff is:

RV + remaining base payments + $350

Base payment will show up in calculator, it’s your monthly minus rent charge & tax

What’s your end goal? Are you keeping one? CCAP doesn’t allow transfers right?

3 are keepers but I sold the first one.

I wish I could tell you! Waiting on 3 to arrive but the first one (Sahara) was sweet.

:man_facepalming:

Makes more sense now:

$55,680 MSRP * 0.63 RV = $35,078.40
Remaining base payments = ~$200

So, total looks like: $35,078.40 + $200 * 35 + $350 = $42,428.40.

Do you know if CA charges extra tax on top of anything here? I’d assume they’d take a cut somewhere (let’s consider it with ~8% sales tax). Thanks!

You get taxed on the $7500 rebate and if you buy it you owe taxes on the full amount. Not sure why you would want to do that.

Like I mentioned in the first post I made, I’m looking to swap out of this in a year or so and essentially pay $0 to drive it for the next year. So, my thinking is to buy it out after a year and then sell it at hopefully the same price I paid for it all-in (including the lease takeover, any additional taxes, etc). Or is that pretty hard to do with the current setup? Thanks!

Well if the market is still relatively hot in a year and CCAP allows it, you can do a third party buyout via Vroom, Carvana etc. Pocket the difference and no sales tax involved.

Having said that since you are in CA you do get a 10 day grace period to sell the car without having to pay taxes. Whether you will get all the docs to sell the car within that time is another question.

All this to say, nobody here can predict the future on whether you can drive this car for free if you flip it next year. As of right now, yes you can flip it for a hefty profit like a lot of people are doing in this thread.

The $7500 is untaxed in PA

It’s taxed in CA.

A little blurb in the vid by CEO (@ 4:40) says the Wrangler 4xE is ‘sold out for the rest of the year’.

For those that are selling or in other ways paying taxes on the $7,500. Seems like buying should be a a stromg consideration if you can swing it. That way the $7,500 credit goes to you and is untaxed. Con is pay sales tax on full amount but pro, don’t have to mess with the RV MF etc.

Edit: Assuming your tax liability supports it.

So pay tax on $50k+ (full sales price) to avoid paying tax on $7500?

2 Likes

He could just be referring to the 2021 model year, with the 2022 models rumored to begin production in August. There’s many metrics he could be referring to.

I call Bullshit I ordered one today.

1 Like

another one? lol

what’s the build like?

This is not true. It is taxed when you purchase, in that you pay tax on the extra $7500 worth of vehicle cost.

Black on black Sahara, one touch, safety, cold, remote start, proximity

2 Likes

What? I just got 2 VINs assigned a couple of days ago. Does that mean we’re not getting these cars till next YEAR???

1 Like