HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

RODO offered me $48k. I emailed the guy saying “try again…” lol.

Wow that’s money in the bank. Thanks for posting those

Just sold to carmax… $57k offer on $46k balance. Sahara 4xe -skytop, safety, cold weather- (Chicagoland area).

6 Likes

For those interested in possibly getting a Jeep, may you participate in this poll? This poll will provide the necessary information on how I can best adapt your needs as a customer and mitigate your concerns.

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/districtleases-jeep-dodge-ram-deals-dmv-shipping-9-off-4xe-99-broker-fee-wow/394714/54?u=districtleases

1 Like

Right now as written if the UAW portion is taken out, 4XE ev tax credit will go down to $4500($4000 base ev + $500 for us made battery). That would kill all 4XE deals.

1 Like

The answer to your poll is a combination of the first three options. First hit to 4XE deals was the elimination of sold order protection. Now the pending BBB bill, unknown jeep programs, and delivery lead times. Who knows what your deal will end up being when the vehicle actually arrives, it is a gamble at this point.

MSRP? Nice flip!

After trying to re read over the past 10 days of replies on the thread I’m trying to weigh up my options here.

1. I can get in on the group buy and at worst lose $250 due to broker fee and have to pay a refundable deposit to the dealer.

2. More of a question really. Does Gupton or Chapman require a deposit to order with them? Also does anyone who the current discount they are offering off the sticker price?

Sorry I’m trying to not be lazy and glanced over days and days on replies.

If you are referring to the leasecompanion group buy, that is closed.

Chapman at 5% below and mark is I believe as well
Go with Chapman if you close to PA no deposit……
If not
Try mark dodge in IL they require 1k deposit tho

Last I remember Chapman is 4% under invoice, where did you get that number

For those who have flipped several. If I order one (expect delivery in Feb-April; assuming production schedules) is it worth getting the hard top or SOT in regards to Carmax, Carvana, etc offers?

Plan to enjoy it for the summer and flip before winter. The soft tip makes the most sense due to price and overall Jeep experience.

KBB values show about $500 increase for 3 price hard top and additional $500 for SOT based on a quick inquiry.

Thanks for your help

Nice… when did you order? I noticed Hydro Blue was another color getting cranked out in the last few weeks.

Hydro with Saddle is yummy

I wouldn’t say the deal would be dead over $3k.

You have no idea what Stellantis would do. If that were to happen, Stellantis could always turn around and immediately raise the residuals and/or significantly lower the MF wiping out that $3k deficit.

I’m not sure if you’re aware but auto manufacturers have “lease analysts” who are the folks who calculate the monthly numbers such as residuals , MF’s, etc. they’re watching monthly sales, etc.

From a flip standpoint folks are clearing 7-10k on these now. So it gets reduced by $3k — that’s still 5-7k profit on flips.

Hardly dead in my opinion . Plus this crazy market is not going to get better anytime soon

2 Likes

They recently went to 5% under, can confirm with an order I just placed with them this week.

The 4xe battery cells are made by Samsung in South Korea, so no US made battery $500.

We just spent an entire year watching Jeep deliveries take upwards of 2-3 months. Anyone who’s been watching this unfold should have zero expectation that Jeep is all of a sudden just going to start cranking out orders in 2-3 weeks and filling inventories again. We’re still so so far away from dealers having inventory sitting on lots.

And while we’re talking legislation … don’t underestimate just how pro-EV the Biden admin has been up to this point (remember the 4xe drive at the White House? Ford Lightning runway drive?), and don’t underestimate the lobbying power of the U.S. automakers, all of whom are now betting big on EVs and PHEVs. There’s substantial political power behind continued/increased EV credits.

Even if for some reason legislation changes the EV credits, that isn’t going to change anything in terms of the general market demand for these trucks. $60-70k gas Wranglers are trading hands for over MSRP right now, where there’s no EV credit in the first place.

3 Likes

I’ve seen reports from multiple dealerships that jeep simply isn’t sending inventory vehicles to dealers for a while. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a much longer period where jeep dealers are without cars sitting on their lots.

1 Like

I got Hydro Blue over Black. I agree that the Hydro/Saddle combination is sharp. I really like the way the saddle interior looks. My Cousin has a Snazzberry/Saddle Gladiator. The black interior is just easier to keep clean. I ordered on 9/20.

1 Like

Agreed! The hydro/saddle combo is a great combination. Then again, I am partial to the saddle seats…

1 Like