HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

Hi, I am in DC, looking to lease Sahara 4XE for Colrado 36/12K. Would you be able to help ?

1 Like

I just picked up a $63k rubicon with $503 drive off and $487 per month including 10.25% tax… I would not put $5k down on any lease

3 Likes

Maybe it was a good thing I made the mistake and left it out.

1 Like

Read the fine print. Almost guaranteed it has a similar clause to my “signed agreement”:

1. Manufacturer has reserved the right to change the price to Dealer of new motor vehicles without notice. In the event the price to Dealer of new motor vehicles of the series and body type ordered hereunder is changed by Manufacturer prior to delivery of the new motor vehicle ordered hereunder to Purchaser, Dealer reserves the right to change the cash delivered price of such motor vehicle to Purchaser accordingly. If such cash delivered price is increased by Dealer, Purchaser may, if dissatisfied therewith, cancel this Order, in which event if a used motor vehicle has been traded in as a part of the consideration for such new motor vehicle, such used motor vehicle shall be returned to Purchaser upon payment of a reasonable charge for storage and repairs (if any) or, if such used
    motor vehicle has been previously sold by Dealer, the amount received therefor, less a selling commission of 15% and any expense incurred in storing, insuring, conditioning or advertising said used motor vehicle for sale, shall be returned to Purchaser.
1 Like

They can stick their fine print where the sun doesn’t shine. Their exact wording in the email was “once orders are submitted, changes and cancellations can’t be done. I’m going to hold them and the broker I used to that.

At no point have either contacted me to say they were going to change the price so I do not have any expectations that they will.

Email is not a legal binding document. Worst thing you can do is an angry review, that’s about it. I didn’t even waste my energy to do that in my case.

From my experience you should have a backup plan, read my post in this thread for more detail, below is the email from the GM (copied from my GMail, with his cell redacted) of the Jeep dealer I worked with, and they still screwed me when the car arrived:

Hi,

My Mane is Stewart Benjamin I am the general Manager of the store
I will be most happy to order one for you at the supplier price it will take 6-8 weeks to get built.
If you have any interest in that idea please contact me my cell is 714-713-XXXX

Thank you

Black interior with only saddle seats was an easy DIY looking pass.

1 Like

Funny, cause I spoke to him last week on an order and he said he can order one at $5k over! AND it wouldn’t arrive till about next June cause he has so many orders! Pfftt… I never did like McPeek’s, but they’re close, so I thought I give them a try. Now I know I’ll never buy from them! They’re the worst to deal with in SoCal.

All the dealers in SoCal (Orange County) are not something you would want to work with. There was a dealer in Corona I think willing to do a deal like 9k rebate for a 53660$ build last week, but I already ordered with @Clutch on Sep 4th.

1 Like

Yes, YOU can’t change or cancel the order. I also expect the agreed on price not to change, but come on, at least read the paper you signed. Good luck buddy :grinning:

1 Like

Lol exactly. As if any dealer-issued agreement is going to protect a buyer’s interests beyond the absolute bare minimum required by law (and even then…)

Update DP: second jeep may arrive before first jeep lol

Ordered 6/23, shipping stage since 8/23, car still MIA (somewhere between Port and Dealer)
Ordered 8/3, jeep chat now saying Dealer ETA 9/28-10/11.
Ordered 8/30, materials have been gathered

I have a Rubicon in D1 ordered last week. I have a Sahara ordered 1 month ago also in D1. Lol

1 Like

I did. But that doesn’t mean I expect them not honor a deal. Come on buddy.

Ordered 8/21
Build Sheet 9/15
Window Sticker 9/26

Jeep Chat gave ETA on delivery of 10/4-10/18.

Lets see if that sticks hopefully

3 Likes

HA data point:

8/19 Ordered HA with grey/white Seats
9/27 Hit the frame stage today

That is absolutely wild.

I know at least 4 HAs white/grey ordered early June and still in D

2 Likes

What color was this?

Black, only add-ons I got was cold weather and the floor mats

1 Like

Anyone have any recommendations for shipping from Mark Dodge in Louisiana to New England area? A company quoted $850 and they haven’t picked up the vehicle yet and are now asking $1300 due to no drivers available. They were supposed to pick it up last week.