HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

Is your MSRP pre or post hike? I’m thinking of flipping mine as well and 8K is my magic #

I ordered late May so I guess it was after the first hike

This one is nuts…

Better act fast, only 21 hrs left to snag that deal! :joy:

1 Like

Tempted to hit the buy now button, in case I get outbid

I ordered last week, 8/26/2021, e-mailed dealer and got my VIN number today (9/2/2021), entered info into cryptostickers.

I was planning to go with Juicebox, anyone have experience with that?

1 Like

Juicebox is a good choice

1 Like

That, Grizzlee?, and Chargepoint Flex are popular @JL forums. If Target ever starts monetizing their Chargepoint stalls (my local can accomodate 10 cars, free for 2 hours), I plan on a CP Flex at my work.

edit: also, Its been reported over there that there is a new crop of software updates available, and Max Regen is now sticky from prior state at power off. Apparently, we’ll need to visit the stealership to get the updates.

Anyone use their tesla home charger to charge their 4xe? Any issues using a j1772 adapter? Which ones have you used?

Grizzlee makes a great charger if weather resistance is your primary requirement. Doesn’t do much if you need something with good control over charge timing for your utility company though. Chargepoint makes a solid charger too.

2 Likes

Ah…that may explain why I see canucks talking about Grizzlee…I assumed it was just a newer brand I hadn’t heard of yet. I haven’t figured out the complexities of scheduled charging, but see mention that folks prefer their charger doing it over UConnect doing it.

If you need to charge outside, in inclement weather, the grizzlee is definitely the way to go.

A lot of the smart charging features really come into play based on your utility company. Some utility companies offer ev charging specific rates, but they require knowledge of how much of your power actually went to charging. Only some evse units record that data. Likewise, time of use utility plans require scheduled charging, and having good control over that is important.

1 Like

After spending some more time in JL forum, i decided to buy the Grizzle charger. I don’t have a garage where I live and Grizzle seems to be better for outdoors. Slightly below $500. there were few others ones in Amazon for close to 300. I have an electrician come in this Sunday to install the new wire.

1 Like

Don’t forget you can take a federal tax credit for 30% of the charger cost, up to $1k

1 Like

From what I’ve heard from people here, it sounds like working with Gupton is a pretty good experience. I’m placing an order on a Rubicon next week! :slight_smile:

Don’t wait you never know when more price increases come through

How much were the previous price jumps? I’ve only been toying around with this idea for the past few weeks and just got a number back from Dan early this week. My GF and I are not getting a 4xe or flipping-- Just upgrading the current JK to a JL.

Rough calc, if you’re not buying just leasing, pre April to now, about 3-5k * 60% residual /36 months adds 50-80$ a month to the same lease. Top of mind looks like it’s usually only a few hundred to 1k at a time though

1 Like

Try RODO. This is what i found.
These days this car is like for free LOL