HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 1)

So jeep chat says all my parts are there and its just awaiting assembly. Order date June 30th. I’m just hoping it comes in by the end of this month so I can get rid of current vehicle

Sorry but when you posted that I see this

2 Likes

You may be an optimist, LOL

1 Like

Picked mine up yesterday. Thanks Gupton. Took me a couple of hours to get used to the steering and driving vs my megacab 2500 but after that it was good. I was surprised how comfortable the seats are. 10 hour drive home wasnt bad at all.

Overnight it charged halfway then had some type of error but I didnt have time to look at it this morning. Moving to a different plug seemed to fix it.

Road noise is kinda bad but thats expected with a jeep.

All in all you cant beat this deal in the current environment.

9 Likes

Did you work with Daniel? and did you get the lease through Chrysler capital or some other lender? i am hopping to finish up my paperwork today/tomorrow and arrange a shipment. Nice looking ride. GL

Very nice! Firecracker was my second choice behind Hellayella.

That’s sharp.

Did you get the headliner? I’m curious if that makes a difference. I’m surprised at how little road noise we’re experiencing in ours. I will admit, speed and road composition seems to make a big difference, too. On the nice, smooth I-195 in NJ at speeds under 75 mph, it is pretty quiet. But then I was driving 85 mph on an undisclosed PA highway and it was pretty bad.

No i didnt get the headliner. May try to find one on the aftermarket. I def notice an uptick in noise past like 75. Around 70 isnt that bad.

Yes daniel and ccap

1 Like

That was my wifes choice i wanted black

1 Like

has anyone had issues with charging? I put mine charging last night and it got to 48% then had some kind of charger fault. It was flashing red and the charger also had a red light. I plugged it into a different outlet and it started charging again. I didnt have time to look at it to try and figure out if it shows a specific error, just wondering if anyone has seen something similar?

LH Post of the Year!

I charge it damn near daily at this point. No issues so far. I’ve really grown to like the battery. Complete 90% of driving on it.

Well she got good taste :wink:

Does anyone’s 4xe actually recharge the battery during normal driving like an older non plug in hybrid? Mine sits at <1% battery after about 30 miles of driving and never charges back up.

Normal…In the settings you can actually force the engine to recharge the battery, but unless you are doing it for a specific purpose that is much less efficient.

To do that - you’d have to switch it to “e-save” mode and also go Into the settings and change a setting that when your in e-save mode, you want the car to charge the battery.

2 Likes

Likely there’s too much current being drawn than the outlet/circuit you have it plugged into can handle. The chargers doing it’s job and tripping its breaker. Outlet could also not be properly grounded.

We love the second law of thermodynamics.

Ill have to look into it more. I know all of my outlets have 12 awg wiring so It should easily handle the current form that charger. Ill let it run on the other and see what happens. its an old outlet under my garage that we seldom use, maybe the outlet itself is bad and cant handle the heat.