How naive am I?

I checked Toyota, Honda and Hyundai this month in MA and they don’t seem to have any deals under 150.

Boch is hard to navigate and they are very old school, I tried leasing 2 cars from them last quarter and I gave up - not that I am a king of negotiating but I am no green horn either…

It’s common because people don’t know any better and it builds gross. If you weren’t getting those down payments you wouldn’t be doing your job :wink:

For the RAM, Quirk leased me the ad car at the same terms as on the ad. For the BOLT, they had the ad car but they tried to get me to lease a more expensive model. So YMMV…

They’ve been talked about on here before, I didn’t get the impression they were awesome

Yeah, never been in the top 5 or even top 100. Heck, never sold cars, period. So, you win.

1 Like

How about Quirk’s chevy Bolt. It is 145 + 2k down for the base. You can get 2k back from the MA State rebate, so you would be effectively 145 + tax + fees. And since OP drives 3k a year, the BOLT is perfect as long as you have a garage for charging lol

Or a very long and thick extension cord :wink:

KD, I don’t think any of us mean any disrespect to you and I’m sure you are great at what you do and we respect the expertise here, but we are just discussing an issue which seems to be a norm on the dealer side (i.e. to collect the most money upfront) . Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but even today the average American believes that leasing a car is costly, waste of money, for the rich who are spoilt and like to flip into a new car every 2 or 3 years and the most important…Leasing requires a huge amount of money upfront which you loose.

The aboves statements are examples of what I have heard from a lot of people which I have helped over time. Would it be right to say, that even though, least drive offs would be rare for you, higher amounts are more favored in the industry?

This is what I was interested in.

1 Like

Look up Quirk Chevy reviews before you get your hopes up again…

At this point I don’t think you can allow any more naivety. Time to get real.

“Fool me once, fool me twice…” and all that

Not to excuse the scam artists, I have always stated my 2 cents that people should call them out and send their business to transparent, honest dealers instead. But honest dealer pricing is always going to be more than the ones you find in fake teaser ads.

2 Likes

Well, yes I am not rushing over any where. I have gotten alot of details in email on a Fit. This kind of car was actually my first choice. The have given me the quote on the fees and I am just waiting to get the residual price. But even then it 119 per month, which is more than I wanted to spend.

It is frustrating that Chevy is still offering the $95 per month online.

Don’t get “Chevy” confused with “Quirk Chevrolet.”

1 Like

You need a reality check, there are no cars out there right now that will lease for lease than $119 with minimal down including tax. Saying that is more than you want to pay is silly. Just because you saw some ad for $95/mo doesn’t mean anything, it’s all in the details. All of their ad cars show $2k plus plus plus due at signing

2 Likes

Who’s side are you on actually? Why is it silly to expect to get the ad price? It is a little strange to me that people seem to want me to spend more. I don’t expect it to be easy. Why are they allowed to advertise fake prices?

Because you are being too unrealistic. In today’s’ world getting a car for $100 per month with nothing or only 100 bucks due at signing is impossible.
Doing a one pay lease and making it an effective $100 per month or under is a different story.
All those ads’ that you are seeing have a fine print which disclose the inceptions that need to be paid which includes Acquisition fees ($500-$700), Dealer fees ($80 to $800), Registration, DMV, taxes and etc. As tons of members have pointed out above to you, they are usually for one stock number on the lot. They might not be fake prices but you have to account the fees and all as well.

1 Like

They’re not. But there’s no govt overlord looking at ads and going into every dealership to make sure it is honored. It is up to consumers to report every infraction to the appropriate regulatory body (and even the media, why not)

maybe hunt on swapalease.com and keep an eye out for close to $100 leases with nothing down. You would still have to pay lease transfer fees which is set for every bank and depends if car isn’t local, shipping or fly out and drive back…
Im sure there will be a bunch of Encore leases becoming eligible for transfers in September :slight_smile:

Just to be clear I understand that there fees. For instance this is one quote I am getting. Obviously rolling those fees in would add to the price.

lease
acquisition fee $595.00, documentation Fee $399, state sales tax, state
DMV fee’s, State plates, State Inspection sticker($167.50 in MA)

Also I would like to keep the MSRP below 19000 so I can avoid having to figure out the inclusion amount when I do my taxes. Since I use my car almost exclusively for work, I have been writing off vehicle expenses (it makes more sense because over all mileage is low)

Technically, the special deal you saw for the Trax was on 1 stock number. If they sold that stock number, they are under no obligation to sell you another one at that price. The price also doesn’t include Tax, Title, Lic, and Doc.

Lastly, the deal may have rebates baked in you don’t qualify for. “Price includes all applicable rebates to the dealer.” There’s no listing of what those rebates are, so without asking, you can’t say whether you would or would not qualify for them, but it’s no guarantee you would.

Ads like this are all part of the game. The game being as much profit for the dealer while making you think you got the greatest deal ever. OR, to get you in the door, so they can get more profit out of you once they break it to you that you don’t qualify for the rebates, the car is sold, but the more expensive one is over here, which they hope you fall in love with and can’t say no.

All leases: $1999 cash or trade down, Tax, title, registration and documentation fees additional. See dealer for details. Price includes all applicable rebates to dealer. Transactions must be completed at time of sale. Residency restrictions apply. Stock #C60526. By submitting you agree to our terms and conditions . $299 documentation fee not included in final price. $20 per $1,000 borrowed. Security deposit not required. Prior sales excluded. Sale ends 7-31-2018.

Realistically, as everyone has pointed out, the likelihood of you finding a 100/mo lease this month is pretty slim. Waiting until next month may net you better results. You won’t know until August though.

This month? So August will (hopefully) be better? I am already counting how many of each car is on the lot when I email them.