How naive am I?

yes, I have looked at other cars. Fit, Trax etc. Kia has a 106 a month lease, but I can’t figure out the incentives.

Op said they’re giving up, not that they’re gonna wait for a better deal.

Thanks…I wasn’t aware of the definition. She could’ve also meant “give up” in the sense of waiting until next month, smart ass.

She still has a car…so if she gives up, what makes you think she needs to walk?

1 Like

I’m sure its the principle at this point.

For what its worth, if a dealer will ask me my bottom line and it happens to be $400 and they come at me with $402, i’m walking the fuck out the door. :slight_smile:

Ah right, she does. Well she only drove 3000 miles last year and it’s paid off, so she looks good to go

Not rare. Its pretty normal as most people understand that putting the least amount of money upfront on a lease is best. I have done about 6 leases for myself and tons for others.

4 Likes

Then you are on the right path.

For the cars you are interested in like the KIA, go to their website, put in your zip code, and build the car, or check their inventory. They will tell you what incentives are included in the price being quoted.

The ad’s are not going to help. They are designed to get you in the door, not give you a selling price. They are good for direction, but ultimately, unless you are very lucky, will not be a simple sign and drive.

Being flexible on brand and trim, along with watching the marketplace here will get you a car in the range you want without all the BS.

1 Like

An insider with actual data. I’ll take your word for it that I’m not out in left field :wink:

also check autobytel.com and that may give you better description.

3.7 claims he was a SM at Volvo for 10 years some time ago. Who would’ve thought? :smirk:

2 Likes

Now it’s starting to make sense.

I think a kia dealer is the last place she should go, an fca dealer would be a close second

1 Like

lol. Although, I have no set data, its my understanding that dealerships prefer to take inceptions in advance as they have the dealer fees and registrations, tag company. Rolled in, they have to wait a few weeks and then adds up on their accounting etc.

They might prefer it that way…it’s not my problem though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Makes sense as you’re a broker and informed customer. According to NADA, in 2015, the average down payment on a lease was $3220, which actually was an increase of 8% over the previous year. Of course, that data is 3 years old, but I doubt it has changed much since then. Obviously I’m not arguing you should make a down payment, I’m just saying that most people probably do, unfortunately.

Yup ! That’s why you will see the most common $1000 DAS in most dealer quotes that people get and even on the forums here you will see $2k DAS or something in 4 digits.

Down payments are used by dealers to make your payment appear lower and allow them to make money/sell you things.

1 Like

Fiat with AWD would be a dream but too expensive. I was interested in the Trax, and I would do it but Quirk “ran out” of the model with the low lease price.

I think quirk always runs out of the ad car

3 Likes

Been in the business 28 years, the last 10 as a sales manager and internet department manager for Volvo. Leases with a “normal drive-off” are very common- 1st month’s payment, registration, $80 doc fee, and small tire fee. Anything less than that is rare for me. Something more, like $2-5K DAS is common. I suspect Volvo lessees have more money to throw at the deal than average.

So, 150-200 deals/year on my own, plus a larger amount I’ve seen/managed. Take it for what it is.

I’ve been in the top 5 sales-wise in the western region for years- how about you, Ursus?