How naive am I?

If she’s smart, it will be 0 OOP.

If she is realistic she’ll realize that’s impossible.

5 Likes

If she’s not, she’ll still be driving her old car.

@mp11477 - $0 OOP is rare. Do you mean financing the 1st payment, license, doc, acq fee, everything?

0 OOP isn’t rare. I never do anything but 1st payment at inception…so not true 0 OOP I suppose, but nothing else. I’ve done 0 first payment as well; sign, pick up the keys and leave without pulling out my checkbook. You can structure a deal any way you want. Idk how you can say 0 OOP is rare.

100/mo with 0 OOP has been done, and I’m not going to say it’s as easy as walking into a dealership, picking out a car and signing on the dotted line. Doesn’t look possible this month though.

Most people don’t finance their first payment- that’s rare. Most people put up the 1st month’s payment, license, and doc fee. OP came into this deal hoping for $59/mo (plus tax, I assume) with $1,000 down (probably not realizing what else was in the drive-off).

actually I have been offered 199 zero due at signing by leasard. unfortunately leasard advertised 189 on there site.

I am working on one deal. I’ve gotten some numbers. I’m trying get a guarantee before I drive down

I guess I’m rare then. Although, unless you’re in the business, I’m not sure how you came to this conclusion. Without being an insider, that’s like me just saying “most people put sugar in their coffee.”

1 Like

is 10/mo really worth the aggravation?

3 Likes

leasard seems to think so

While I’m personally in the same boat as you (sign and drive or only first payment), just look at the marketplace and how many deals are advertised with doc fee, acq fee, etc due at signing. I think a lot of people don’t even bother rolling those in, even though you absolutely should.

1 Like

LeaseHackr is a fraction of leases that occur out there in the real world. Anyone I know that leases does the same as I do, despite dealers advertising the way they do w/Doc/Acq/etc due. Personally, I don’t care if I’m one of the rare ones that do it this way, but to make a statement “most people do XYZ” without being an insider and without evidence to back it up is opinion.

1 Like

Is leasing worth the aggravation, for those who don’t enjoy the chase or find a widely replicable killer deal?

Imagine this aggravation every 2-3 years, for the rest of your life… @cinnamngrl

3 Likes

I guarantee that people on here put down less money on average than people who don’t use the site.

If you are a cheap ass like me, you will be putting very little money down. If you are a cheap ass, that does lot’s of research, you will probably find this site, and figure out how to spend even less. :grin:

Good luck on your $189 deal with leasard @cinnamngrl!

The aggravation is short term. The feeling of winning the battle will last a lifetime! (or at least 3 years and 36K miles) YMMV. :grin:

1 Like

There have been no great deals this month…a couple demo Infiniti/BMW but those are not replicable.

So who exactly is #winning?

1 Like

Yes it is hard to say what is the best move. I am pretty close to giving up.

What will you do if you give up? Walk everywhere?

1 Like

Exactly why I mentioned unicorn deals. At the end of the day, she will need to decide what is in her best interest. I don’t mind haggling, because I know it is short term, car salesman are not human, (only kidding) and I get the long term gain.

Are you perusing the marketplace?

Are you stuck on the Toyota?

Wait till next month and see if there are better deals? It appears she still has a car.