How naive am I?

Don’t get frustrated - end of month is nearly here. Play the Toyota dealer vs the Honda dealer vs the Hyundai dealer and you could get a good deal. Not under $100 BUT close

1 Like

New 2018 Honda Civic LX Lease for $58/mo for 24 months OR 0.9% APR Financing for 60 Months *New 2018 Honda Civic LX Auto Sedan. Lease requires approved credit; based on 12,000 miles per year, $0.15 per mile excess. $4,300 due at signing (this includes $2,999 cash or trade down, first month’s payment of $58, documentary preparation fee of $479, and bank acquisition of $595). Tax, title, registration, and inspection fees are additional. Security deposit waived. MSRP: $20,635. Net Cap Cost: $16,250. Residual $12,793.70

Most small sedans have big discounts. The problem is the residual is awful, so the payment comes to more than 100-150 easily.

If you can share, where are these deals located? Thanks!

That payment is not without inceptions. If you roll inceptions, u still have to work hard to be under 200.

What happened with Boch? I laid out a road map for their advertised Corollas. You could hopefully conclude a deal with them quickly and the payments are really low, and for a Corolla.

You know, you can edit your posts and keep your crystals in one post? Also, it is apparent that OP cannot deal with dealers directly, especially based on teaser bait and switch ads.

Can’t take rejection? Get over it.

1 Like

@Ursus - Wow. That’s the best lease in the thread for her and she’s 90% there, and yet you need to needle me? There’s something wrong with you, as many have complained about.

You made your point about Boch, let the OP decide. There are other 100 suggestions here.
P.S. why are you copy-pasting your PM to me? Too lazy to type?

1 Like

I was curious what resolution there was with Boch. The deals you and others suggested were worse. My intention was to quote you in my post, not PM you.

It’s disappointing that you feel the need to be arrogant and condescending towards some here. It makes this place unnecessarily unpleasant.

@jamiemose, I do the same but their response is always we do not disclose our pricing via email. Please come to the dealership. Maybe out of 30 that I emailed 4 gave me a vague estimate but ended the email with, you need to come in to further discuss incentives, etc. Out of those ones who did response, they did not give me a price breakdown and/or refused to. That’s why the process has been so difficult for me because I got nothing in writing and no ammo when I am negotiating. In addition when I took their email to the dealership, they played me for a fool and said well I misunderstood and their price went up $2-3k. Because the emails were not price breakdowns, when I took them to other dealerships to price match, they said because this is not a price breakdown we cannot accept/match this. Then they went ahead and patronized me for not being a serious client and for having unrealistic expectations. I am ok with being patronized, but I hate the feeling of being made into a tool and a fool when I have done my due diligence to contact dealerships.

@oracle301Interesting, I had very different experiences over emails. I completely understand your frustration as you are doing the right thing by emailing all these dealerships.

I personally had luck asking for their lease structure sheets (most salespeople don’t know how to calculate a lease anyways so they often use their software and have one readily available), and only one dealership was hesitant to give it to me.

You’re obviously doing something wrong. Get a broker and save yourself the hassle, 30 dealers is allot. When I bought my last car, every dealer I contacted gave me numbers. If you are a member of a credit union they usually have a broker service. If not find someone on here.

1 Like

I haven’t been back. If you search the history of complaints, I am not sure the individual customer wins. The Ag will fine the dealerships every few years thats it. They are still calling. and emailing. I have fios at home. I have turned off the ringer because every sales man calls it randomly.

Thanks- I needed the closure! :yum:

What are you looking to do? Given what amount out of pocket, what sort of payment are you looking for including tax?

Now get ready for lessons on how not to deal with car salespeople :slight_smile:

1 Like

Create a Google voice number and have it forward to your cell phone. Turn it on/off whenever you want. Voicemails can also be transcribed for you

1 Like

With what amount out of pocket?