How naive am I?

Makes sense as you’re a broker and informed customer. According to NADA, in 2015, the average down payment on a lease was $3220, which actually was an increase of 8% over the previous year. Of course, that data is 3 years old, but I doubt it has changed much since then. Obviously I’m not arguing you should make a down payment, I’m just saying that most people probably do, unfortunately.

Yup ! That’s why you will see the most common $1000 DAS in most dealer quotes that people get and even on the forums here you will see $2k DAS or something in 4 digits.

Down payments are used by dealers to make your payment appear lower and allow them to make money/sell you things.

1 Like

Fiat with AWD would be a dream but too expensive. I was interested in the Trax, and I would do it but Quirk “ran out” of the model with the low lease price.

I think quirk always runs out of the ad car

3 Likes

Been in the business 28 years, the last 10 as a sales manager and internet department manager for Volvo. Leases with a “normal drive-off” are very common- 1st month’s payment, registration, $80 doc fee, and small tire fee. Anything less than that is rare for me. Something more, like $2-5K DAS is common. I suspect Volvo lessees have more money to throw at the deal than average.

So, 150-200 deals/year on my own, plus a larger amount I’ve seen/managed. Take it for what it is.

I’ve been in the top 5 sales-wise in the western region for years- how about you, Ursus?

I checked Toyota, Honda and Hyundai this month in MA and they don’t seem to have any deals under 150.

Boch is hard to navigate and they are very old school, I tried leasing 2 cars from them last quarter and I gave up - not that I am a king of negotiating but I am no green horn either…

It’s common because people don’t know any better and it builds gross. If you weren’t getting those down payments you wouldn’t be doing your job :wink:

For the RAM, Quirk leased me the ad car at the same terms as on the ad. For the BOLT, they had the ad car but they tried to get me to lease a more expensive model. So YMMV…

They’ve been talked about on here before, I didn’t get the impression they were awesome

Yeah, never been in the top 5 or even top 100. Heck, never sold cars, period. So, you win.

1 Like

How about Quirk’s chevy Bolt. It is 145 + 2k down for the base. You can get 2k back from the MA State rebate, so you would be effectively 145 + tax + fees. And since OP drives 3k a year, the BOLT is perfect as long as you have a garage for charging lol

Or a very long and thick extension cord :wink:

KD, I don’t think any of us mean any disrespect to you and I’m sure you are great at what you do and we respect the expertise here, but we are just discussing an issue which seems to be a norm on the dealer side (i.e. to collect the most money upfront) . Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but even today the average American believes that leasing a car is costly, waste of money, for the rich who are spoilt and like to flip into a new car every 2 or 3 years and the most important…Leasing requires a huge amount of money upfront which you loose.

The aboves statements are examples of what I have heard from a lot of people which I have helped over time. Would it be right to say, that even though, least drive offs would be rare for you, higher amounts are more favored in the industry?

This is what I was interested in.

1 Like

Look up Quirk Chevy reviews before you get your hopes up again…

At this point I don’t think you can allow any more naivety. Time to get real.

“Fool me once, fool me twice…” and all that

Not to excuse the scam artists, I have always stated my 2 cents that people should call them out and send their business to transparent, honest dealers instead. But honest dealer pricing is always going to be more than the ones you find in fake teaser ads.

2 Likes

Well, yes I am not rushing over any where. I have gotten alot of details in email on a Fit. This kind of car was actually my first choice. The have given me the quote on the fees and I am just waiting to get the residual price. But even then it 119 per month, which is more than I wanted to spend.

It is frustrating that Chevy is still offering the $95 per month online.

Don’t get “Chevy” confused with “Quirk Chevrolet.”

1 Like

You need a reality check, there are no cars out there right now that will lease for lease than $119 with minimal down including tax. Saying that is more than you want to pay is silly. Just because you saw some ad for $95/mo doesn’t mean anything, it’s all in the details. All of their ad cars show $2k plus plus plus due at signing

2 Likes

Who’s side are you on actually? Why is it silly to expect to get the ad price? It is a little strange to me that people seem to want me to spend more. I don’t expect it to be easy. Why are they allowed to advertise fake prices?