How much has your car insurance changed since you last checked? (lease/finance)

Wawanesa was the lowest I could find for my Tesla Model 3 at $177.81. Added on the 4xe and now my combined is at $431.92.

100/500/100, $500

I’m on the higher side of coverage and like their customer service. Going to still give Costco a go to see if the rates drop.

I have 3 cars, a boat and an RV and pay $2k a year with top coverage levels and $500 deductible. And this is with both wife and I having had a ticket in the last 3 years. Take those out and it would be $1500ish.

I get a Bunch of multi policy discounts since I have all my rental properties, personal home and vehicles with one carrier.

Most do not mention coverage limits. Yearly mileage also considerably affects my rates (I place my annual mileage at 1,500 – I only drive 1,000 or less). When my insurance company has upped my mileage, it has significantly impacted me. I have to call and provide odometer proof yearly to get it back to what I realistically drive (and I am generous at 1,500). If I went with my state’s minimums (which my lease contract surprisingly allows), my insurance would be dirt cheap. I pay $537.00 for 100/300/100 and Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist 100 each person/300 each accident with $500 collision and $100 comprehensive deductibles (6-month policy).

My rates have not increased in 2-3 years, and I rate shop once every year.

1 Like

for erie do they let you raise deductibles to 1000?

Another Geico captive here. No one has been able to give us a better quote on the Model X which is always the deal breaker every time we do a quote review.

The X5 45e numbers were fairly close when comparing with Amica but offset dearly by the Tesla. :unamused:

Anyone have to fight CLUE report inconsistencies? I’ll tell you…what a PITA. I’ve been fighting a bogus claim for about 3 months with LexisNexis and haven’t gotten any resolution (yet). Not even my name or vehicle listed on the claim.

That being said I’ve been with Kemper for 2 years but my policy (250/500) renewed recently and went up about 15%. Substantial cost savings if I switch to another carrier but working to get the erroneous claim sorted first.

Is there any benefit to having an agent? That is how I was hooked up with Kemper in the first place. Or are you just as good shopping on your own?

I’m paying about $180/mo for my S60 which was recently bought off-lease, and $130/mo for my mom’s Subaru. Both through GEICO. South FL car insurance has always been rough but it definitely has gone up over the past 2 years. My S60 used to be $130/mo to insure during the lease. All the cars I’m looking to replace my car with in 2023 are coming up as $200+/mo to insure. No insurer has given us better quotes than GEICO.

1 Like

Erie is good but I found the rates to be high in NY, since you’re in NY and also have a BMW I recommend trying Travelers $127 for my car.

1 Like

Have the carrier that reported the in correct info give you a “letter of experience”. With this and a competent agent what ever you are being charged for should go away.

1 Like

Much appreciated!

Not with my CLUE report, but with my Lexis master file, yes. Had to request and sent corrections on my file three times until they were fixed.

Got this down to $990 for 6 months today with AAA.
1x 392 and 1x 4xe Rubi.

Raises Hand

I disputed an erroneous at-fault claim by phone, and LexisNexis told me my insurance company would have 30 days to respond. If they did not, they would remove the at-fault report - my insurance company never answered the dispute. It has been about two months since the 30 days, and nothing has changed - even with consistent back-and-forth communication. As a result, I, too, am stuck with the company that created the mess. When I attempted to change carriers, the accident doubled my rates - everywhere beyond my current company, where the accident mysteriously is correct and shows the other party at fault.

And a “letter of experience” is something they say they cannot give. I have a letter from the AG in the mail today. I will see their response to my insurance company’s refusal, but I do not hold much hope. Most companies get away with everything presently. Unfortunately, it is not like the past.

3 Likes

HR-V and Pilot, both leased. $1k deductibles and 300/100 coverage.

$680 thru Allstate 6 month premium. When I had the 4xe the premium was $760 so took a dip with switching out for Pilot. Was on Geico for similar amounts but have slightly better discount with Allstate because of accident/violation-free and homeowners insurance.

I have a boat and a travel trailer bundled together with the current 3 cars (usually 4 but I sold one recently). And then I have a bunch of properties insured as well.And all these things together give me a bunch of discounts if they are all with the same carrier.

Last I checked the vehicle portion of it (cars, boat, trailer) was $3700 a year. With full coverage and $500 deductibles. And both my wife and I had a ticket in the past 3 years. So all considered I think it’s very reasonable.

My broker does an annual check to see if any other provider will beat it. Tht should be coming up soon. So we’ll see if it goes up or down.

Previously had GEICO for my '19 Pilot and '21 Model 3 SR+ (typical 100/300/50k coverage, 500/1k deductibles) for me and the wife, paying $105/month.

Switched to Tesla insurance when it became available in MD a few months ago (got slightly better coverage adding rental reimbursement and beefed up uninsured coverage) for $73/month ($42 for the 3, 31 for the Pilot).

My current driver score is only a 94 (thanks to the wife for tanking my score =/) and the 3’s monthly premium dropped from $42 to $35/month (Pilot stays the same I guess) for an overall monthly of $65.

I’m still dubious about how well a claim would be processed by Tesla if I ever need to do that, but saving ~40% on monthly premiums is nice!

For those looking for an insurance comparison tool, it may be worthwhile to check out Jerry (affiliate link).

I downloaded it to test the waters and found a few good options from smaller carriers I hadn’t considered before. Curious to hear what folks think and if it also proved to be useful.

Jerry is nice, but i feel like it doesn’t work with a lot of mainstream carriers.
In my case it offers travelers and smaller companies but the prices are like 2-5x of what State Farm or Geico can offer

1 Like

spent 5 minutes and rates are double what i currently pay :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’m in PA have a 2022 3 series and a 15 year old Honda (liability only). I had Erie for a long time but got a great rate with Progressive ($650/6months). Sadly they raised it after 6 months to $811 and now want $849.

I’ve shopped around and that’s still one of the lower quotes. Lowest quote was the Costco endorsed brand at $652 but really bad reviews. Next was State Farm, then Progressive.

Seems higher than a lot of rates on this topic, not sure why. I’m 35 with no accidents and only 1 comp claim last 10 years ($1800 in 2020).