How much did you pay to have your car ceramic coated?

How much did you pay to have your car ceramic coated?

an effing ton…

Zero dollars. I haven’t owned a car since 2012. And I don’t pay to protect other people’s assets.

:bat:

11 Likes

$1,000 dollars

I did it myself on 2 cars Gtechniq Crystal Serum

A really good installer using a top quality product like modesta will most likely charge at least $2500. There are a lot of hacks out there doing it for much cheaper.

I’m not saying whether it’s worth it or not. But atleast in our region, that’s what a top shop like autonuvo would charge.

http://autonuvo.com/

1 Like

I hope you guys don’t mean for leases. Completely wipes out the hacking element.

1 Like

I decided to do it this time to see the difference, after my last car was my first non-black one (aside from a blue one in high school). I did it myself using Adam’s polishes, and the prep, coating, and touch-up (or whatever it is) were $50 total on Amazon. That’s about all I’d spend on a lease.

1 Like

I have a buddy that owns a detail company… Full paint correction and ceramic coating for $800

1 Like

If it really is a few thousand dollars… I’d rather just wrap the car in something fun

It’s not the ceramic coating that’s the expensive part. It’s the full paint correction before hand.

I bought a few bottles of SiO2 straight from China and applied it myself. I washed the car, clay bar, and cleaned with rubbing alcohol before application. Cost me just a few dollars and some time. Really don’t need to do full paint correction on a new car unless you want show quality.

This special coating didn’t cost much at all !

ceramicCar

It depends on what coating you are using and how damaged your paint is. I am getting quotes on coatings now, such as Modesta BC-08 and Dr. Beasely Nano Resin, for about $1500 with minimal paint correction. It covers the entire car (wheels, brake calipers, exhaust tips, etc) and should last 2-4 years. I have seen quotes go as high as $3000 for more advanced and longer lasting coating like Modesta PD or Gtechniq that last 7-10+ years.

2 Likes

^^ agreed

Anything less is probably not top quality or product

1 Like

Considering the amount of money I’d have to spend to have the car details every 6 months or so it might be worth having a car ceramic coated with minimal maintenance if the place I go to can do it around $1000 then it might be worth.

Another thing I don’t understand doing to a leased car.

:bat:

Some people are proud of their car and want it to look presentable even if it is a lease. Maybe they have clients they pick up and don’t want them seeing a dirty car or have young kids that leave a mess everywhere. Just because you do not see purpose in it does not mean it is not valuable to other people.

2 Likes

A car doesn’t have to be professionally detailed every 6 months to be clean or presentable.

2 Likes

True, you can do it yourself