How low (% below msrp) can I negotiate a 2021 toyota corolla in december 2020?

guys i just want to say after a few hours of negotiating, i finally got an INCREDIBLE deal (i think) from toyota for a corolla LE

$1,242 due at lease signing
183.48/month with GAP
39 months 10k miles

thanks @mllcb42 for drilling me that i should take a few steps back to research more. let me know what you think.

What was the pre-incentive discount?

@Partyhat Iā€™m curious as well what was the pre incentive discount?

actually got another deal for $178 w gap per month. $1242 due at lease signing
Selling price after incentives 19000 flat she said.

thinking about going with this deal

Does the math work out for that to be correct given the current lease programs?

Does it not make sense to buy? I see some 0% for 60 months offer in my area.

i get $209 based off my calculations. so idk how they got to as low as $178.

$19595 selling priceā€¦ Looks like about 8% off pre-incentive if the msrp is $21370

1 Like

howd you get 21370?

i thought MSRP was 22,081 on the first page?

Pulled it from here. Didnā€™t see it on the contract. It isnā€™t usually listed so I didnā€™t look for it.

I think heā€™s referring to the second quote which is a different dealer

Ya, seeing that now. Msrp generally isnā€™t listed on the contract, so I didnā€™t even think to look there for it.

Whatā€™s the $1500 rebate? Seems like pre-incentive is still only like 4% assuming that 1500 is incentives? I would say itā€™s not a great deal but also not a terrible deal. Use the search function and compare it to other deals people have posted or deals that brokers are advertising.

And why is there 50 miles on the car lol. how many test drives has it been onā€¦

The $1500 is shown applied separate from the discount.

Oh yea my bad I see it now. man i hate how you have to jump all over the place to make sense of these things. I guess thatā€™s by designā€¦

I find that Honda $0 due leases are the easiest, with least homework and most satisfaction. I just checked 4 here, and $180 per month on a Civic, $0 due at signing. Iā€™ve had 3 of these and they are the easiest use of a car Iā€™ve ever done. Add taxes to that per month is all.

Yes, there have been quite a few impressive deals, that Iā€™ve come through with 0% financing offers for over a period of 60 months. Moreover, they also do offer a $500 bonus cash along with it.
Another deal that Iā€™d come across for the 2021 Toyota Corolla LE was for $139 per month for a period of 36 months, with $2,999, which will be due at the period of signing.

That sounds like an advertised special that I guarantee has a bunch of taxes and fees left out of it, making that number way lower than the actual cost.