How I saved an extra $500 off my BMW lease

How is AF prorated? Each upgrade to a CSR should warrant a full AF charge.

Prorated when you downgrade. Sorry should have specified.

1 Like

I’m right there with you. Think I was in 5/24 purgatory at the time, so couldn’t pull the trigger. Made up for it with the 80k Ink Business late last year.

aH I have a couple of those lol. It has been a lucrative pick up indeed.

I was not asked for originals - I’d double check this - never seen this before either.

I was asked for it and had to send it in and got approved in about a week. Unfortunately, it took too long and oculdn’t do MSD’s in the BMW card.

At least your dealer allows CC MSD’s. Mine doesn’t!

I considered using a BT check from our CU for 1% transfer fee and 0% APR (You can’t borrow money that cheap anywhere else!)

BMWFS allows debit card payments for monthly. Used to use PayPal debit and earn points but that may have gone away. Haven’t looked at points earnings recently but I believe there are other debit cards that earn points in any case.

I’ve been using my Discover debit which P2 gave me back $5.50 in cashback. That’s a couple of coffees for me. :grin:

1 Like

Is the offer still valid? i don’t see any 30k Sign Up bonus for the regular visa card via the link.

Hard to make money these days. Chase/Citi now have strict rules for qualifying for their CSP, CSR, Citi premier etc once you’ve used their promotion. I always cancel prior to the annual fee kicking in.

The only card left to try is the Capital One Venture, which i am hesitant to apply for since i heard they pull all three scores.

They’re also pretty funny about qualifying… they loved me in the 700’s but hate me since i broke 800’s.

scroll to the very bottom of the main page:

SPECIAL, LIMITED-TIME OFFER.

Earn 30,000 bonus BMW Reward Points when you spend $2,000 on purchases within the first 90 days after account opening. Redeem for exclusive BMW Rewards you won’t find anywhere else.

Thanks, I was on the wrong page.

BMW just made a lease payment on my 330e with the above✔️

Any referral offers?

not that I’ve seen…

Could someone with an existing BMW Financial Services account please log in and confirm if they accept Discover debit cards for lease payments?

1% back would same me ~$100 a year on my new $8xx lease payment.

Yes. They do! 1% cashback and already have earned $99 off just in two months of lease payments and MSD/P1 inception on three cars (just sold one of the three.)

I estimate I will earn about $250 CB addtl over the next 36mo off this trick keeping these other two cars. I need to see about finding a bank that would do 2% reward on debit!

1 Like

Be aware that BMWFS only accepts debit cards for same day payment. You can’t schedule a payment or use the debit card for auto pay for some reason. So greater chance for missing a payment. Ask me how i know

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you.

Digging around a bit… for anyone like me who doesn’t already have an account, HMB shows a new account offer where Discover will do a 100% match on the debit rewards for the rest of the year (so 2% back on ~6 lease payments):

“Discover will match all the Cashback you’ve earned automatically through 12/31/2019 if you apply for your first Cashback Debit account using offer code CHMB619 by 6/27/19”

Opening an account now…