How I saved an extra $500 off my BMW lease

Yep - or have a dealer that knows what you are trying to do ahead of time so they can process the charge for you later with this card. :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

The CSR annual fee is effectively $150 since you get $300 in annual statement credits for travel which are automatically applied any time you do anything remotely travel related. It’s impossible not to use them within the first month of every year unless you are a hermit (no offense intended to all hermits out there). And $150 for the rest of the card benefits is an insane value.

3 Likes

Still $150/yr that you don’t need to spend - only gonna use the TSA/Global Entry credit once every few years.

You have to know how to use the card to make that $150 work for you each year

Love the CSR. Replaced my platinum card and saving me a bundle.

Were you able to apply and use the card immediately while at the dealership?

I ask as I applied and received approval yesterday, but am picking up two cars tomorrow and it looks like the actual cards wont arrive in the mail until next week. Thus, I don’t have the expiry date and CVV numbers to use for the MSDs when I pick the cars up.

If you’re at the dealer, call the BMW Finance card and they can work with you there.

Thank you Orange:+1:

Yes, but you get $300 of it back on any travel expense (refill your toll pass)

Ha, i see this was already addressed now. The benefits do outweigh the cost though as if one travels the points themselves are valued at 1.5x on travel portal (or much more if you have a favorite partner to xfer to – BA is offering 30% bonus on xfer so 60K becomes 78K BA Avios)

I personally had a little bonus to meet (Citi Premier) when i picked mine up but my dealer only allows CC for transaction on retail contract :neutral_face:

BMW Finance Card is refusing to provide the expiration date and CVV number such that the card can be used :frowning: They said I must wait for the card to arrive in the mail…which wont be until next week. BOOOOO!!!

That’s terrible could take 5 to 10 days to get there which would be after apr 30th, can you lock in pricing with deposit then pay? Should only take 2 business days after producing the card to get to you.

Work with the finance person at the dealership and explain the situation. BMW designed this card to be used like this. I am sure they will help you out!

I am certainly going to try that approach…this is too much free $ for anyone to leave on the table!

1 Like

Hi All, I have quick query to understand if anyone has faced this situation.

I did apply the card by signing the credit application form at the dealership. But today, i found from BMW lending team that my application was rejected with the following details which needs to be furnished in originals via mail

Utility Bill, Drivers license & SSN.

I have not seen this with any bank where they ask us to mail the originals! Can anyone please guide one this or any other alternative to get it approved without sending the originals via mail?

And isnt it $300 per calendar year, so get card in late Q3 or Q4 2019, use current year $300 benefit, then double dip in Q1 2020. Cancel card before next annual fee hits.

Used to be like that couple years ago but chase has since cracked down on it and removed the calendar year bonus. The 1 year cycle now starts from when you get the card.

This doesn’t prevent double dipping the $300 travel credit though. It can still be done, just done around your card anniversary time.

How can you double dip if the card fees and the credit hit in the same statement?

There is tons about it online. You may have to change your statement date, but it is very much still possible to do. Missing out on the 100k CSR offer is my biggest regret in the cc world :cry:

edit: if it’s in the same statement, you keep an eye on the Recent Activity of the account. Once you see the AF post, your trav credit should have reset. you will have limited time to make a purchase (I just buy an airline GC), but it should code for the $300 trav credit.

One weird trick Chase hates. Grab $300 credit, downgrade to CSP or Chase card of choice then wait a couple mos and upgrade again for a fresh $300 credit. AF is prorated and it’s how I refill my NTTA pass twice a year.