How does this IONIQ5 Lease Look?

Dealer made me this offer. Not sure how it stacks up. This would be my first lease to please share all the info you have. Only want to lease if it would be a very good deal. Thank you!

How does it compare to the deals you’ve researched here?

What is your target deal on this based on the deals you’ve researched and the programs as they apply to you?

The best way to get a very good deal is to start by determining what that is, then make offers to dealers to find someone to do your deal. It’s never in your interest to ask the dealer how much they want you to pay.

3 Likes

Click on Marketplace to see where you need to be

There plenty of excellent Ioniq 5 deals out there - this isn’t one of them.

Others have suggested paths forward. Good luck!

1 Like

Is this for an SEL AWD?

Thank you for the advice. Now dealing with the back and forth with the dealer.

Is it fair for me not to settle for anything less than the advertised offer?

Remember, the website banners are usually for bottom trim, 10k miles, require $4k DAS, and do not include taxes and some fees. So it’s not a good negotiating point. If you show them that they will say what I just said.

However with that being said, you can and should be able to do much, much better than what they are offering, with much less out of pocket cash. Don’t put that much $ into it, please.

You’ll kind of have to do the legwork on your own, but as others said please check marketplace and signed.

If youre going back and forth with the dealer without having a target laid out, youre simply setting yourself to overpay significantly.

Stop what youre doing, walk away from the dealer conversation, and work out a target deal.

As for the advertised offer, a good start would be working out what it actually is (hint: the deal as advertised isn’t $299 with $3499 due at signing). Once you have that worked out, you can compare it to your target deal. That will answer the question on if you can beat the advertised deal or not.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

Mind sharing why the deal isn’t what they say (299/month + 3499 due at signing)?

I looked at other deals people are signing and they are getting great deals. I know the month is over but those are the deals I would want to target (since they’re even better than advertised). I just wonder if you need to start with negotiating lower and then meeting “in the middle” at the sweet sweet deal others have.

Because they dont say that. They say $299/month + $3499 due at signing with a giant asterisk next to it.

*not including taxes, fees, dealer options, first born child, etc.

By the time you factor in everything the asterisk leaves out, you end up adding thousands.

Dealers hide a lot of money under the Asterisk, the only thing you need to add to most broker deals here is Sales Tax.

1 Like