How do Volvo incentives and A-Plan work?

Absolutely, a-plan is pretty much useless now if one has some negotiating skills. But it still may work with high a-plan cash, like $3k that gives you extra 6% on a $50K car (12% off total)

1 Like

Bringing this back alive, seeing that A Plan cash on XC90’s have some significant increases:

XC90

Could someone just double check my understanding, using the XC90 T5 AWD R-Design as an example:

$56,950 (MSRP)

• $3,417 (6% - Base A Plan Price)
  • $4,000 (Volvo Allowance)

Should net a $49,533 sales price (~13% off MSRP)

A few questions:

How can you tell if you are A-Plan Elite?
Can loyalty be applied on top of this?
Are there any other incentives/rebates that can be added to A-Plan?

The volvo allowance applies regardless of a-plan status.

Essentially, you’re trading $750 in a-plan bonus money for being able to negotiate over 6%. With people negotiating 12%ish discounts, preincentive, you’re essentially giving up $4000 in negotiation power to gain $750 in elite bonus. Sounds like a horrible deal to me.

2 Likes

Yes, sorry, its been a while since i logged in and confused volvo allowance and a plan discount.

Got a bit too excited!

Is it me or is the lease estimator on the Volvo site down? It usually has all the lease incentive info by geography. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I couldn’t find any either since July-August. But I thought it was me :slight_smile:

I’ll take it back. Works on 2020 XC60. AND it shows $500 PenFed stackable with other incentives

3 Likes

I thought it was just me! I’ve checked several times while shopping with my parents. Meanwhile, I still need to get my dad to test drive…

The Penfed voucher says: Dealers will present you with your
eligible A-Plan pricing. MSRP Discount is 5% off the total MSRP amount of the vehicle selected and is non-negotiable.

I am getting a new XC60 at deep discount. Is it possible that the voucher cannot be added because this discount is more than 5%?

PenFed is not a-plan and dealers may or may not use it with below invoice pricing. Last time Costco cash could be used, before that - could not. Ask your broker.

:cry: The Penfed (~military/USAA) generates a D pin which apparently does not stack or go below 5% …

1 Like

Your edited post makes all the difference. You should always read fine print before asking some trusted stranger on the internet :slightly_smiling_face:

Say invoice is 6%. And holdback is 1%. Dealers can discount say 12%. So how are dealers making money? Incentives and bonuses back from Volvo is what I can see. What am I missing?

1 Like

You are missing on holdback, for starters.

1 Like

Isn’t holdback 1% of base MSRP? What else am I missing?

Where’d you get the 1% number?

1 Like

So they’re suggesting a fair price is 3-5% over the true dealer cost, which they calculate as 6% invoice + 1% holdback… So a good price is 2-4% under MSRP? Vs the 10-12% we all know is possible?

1 Like

Right - so how to explain the difference?

That that link is a cheatshit?

1 Like

They’re wrong?

1 Like