How do Volvo incentives and A-Plan work?

Is there much benefit getting more of a discount on a low MSRP car with A-Plan? A-Plan on an S60 with a few options is a discount of 9.25% off MSRP. If the target is 10% all said and done, why not just use A-Plan and keep things simple?

Is the difference max 2% extra discount?

Because generally you want to target more than 10%?

A plan on the s60 is closer to making sense than on other vehicles (depending on current elite bonus, of course), but it still may be leaving a lot of money on the table.

It depends on which S60. A T5 is around 10% off. A T6 is about 8.5% off.

That’s terrible “gas” mileage, go for the T8 then.

It’s the same $1,500 on T5/T6, which makes a-plan 9% off MSRP on a $50K car .

Can someone confirm whether the A-Plan bonus incentive still applies if you are getting a dealer discount beyond A-Plan pricing? I know this used to be the case a few years ago, but thought they discontinued it now. But @aronchi’s May Volvo deal has an incentive for “A-Plan VIP”. Is “A-Plan VIP” different than “A-Plan Elite”, which is what my A-Plan page says I have?

1 Like

@Ursus in the past you said it was vip for Volvo employees, retirees, and f&f versus the normal public for elite.

However I saw a verified Volvo employee thread on reddit supporting this, but aronchi or ursus knows best.

Do you live in Hershey? I live in Manheim, ~20 minutes away.

Officially dealers cannot go below invoice on a-plan. They get charged back by Volvo for a-plan cash. But some do, using some trickery. Elite is for all normal folks, VIP is for Volvo retail employees. There are full details in Volvo bulletins.

1 Like

I do! Heads up, there are some v60ccs at Lehman that are ex loaners.

1 Like

Are you saying Volvo retail employees aren’t normal? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks for clarifying.

They are gods, of course.

1 Like

How about this approach. Just say you have a trade in worth $10K. What if the dealer gave you an elevated trade in value of $12K. They wouldn’t go below invoice with A-Plan, but you get a larger discount via inflated trade in value.

Any holes in this approach?

I seem to recall a-plan having a specific clause about inflated trade values. I could be thinking of something else though

That’s not allowed. @Ursus posted this previously.

2 Likes

Well there we go

Hi Folks,
Does anyone know if A-Plan by Volvo discounts can be combined with other incentives and discounts?

Thanks,

Yes, they can, however, they can’t be combined with a discount over around 6%, so it usually costs more money to use a plan then to not.

1 Like

Did something change with A Plan and how it can be used in discounting? I feel like I’ve seen more broker Volvo deals that mention A Plan?

I’m also hoping to clarify the official rules. When we say that dealers can’t go below invoice price, that is before manufacturer-to-dealer incentives, right?

e.g. Hypothetically, if Invoice on a model is 40,000, but there is $3,500 in Dealer cash, they could show a selling price of $36,500 Before any additional customer rebates (e.g. Loyalty + APlan), right?

So the thought is that on some models, you can negotiate far enough below the Invoice - Dealer incentive price ($36,500 in this example) to make it more than the A-Plan bonus would get you?