How did you find Leasehackr and why did you stay?

Came here so I could get a car, stayed for the memes.

Honestly, this has been one of the places I’ve spent lots of time in 2020, lots of good memories. I’ve had the privilege of driving very nice cars for not so much money, and I’ll definitely cherish that.

4 Likes

Stumbled upon @loberant ’s MINI deals in 2016.

Car talk, smack talk, and sharing lease wins with the community keep me entertained while I wait for him to make a triumphant return.

3 Likes

Stumbled upon here a couple of years ago, had no idea how to properly navigate the site so just forgot about it for a while, came back a year later when I started looking into leasing (which didn’t end up happening then). Never made a account until recently since I didn’t really need to post. I remember you guys talking about someone’s 3 series unicorn deal for $315 or something like it, had to stick around to see how in the world it’s possible. And of course the speed some of you work on those memes, that’s just something else! :wink:

1 Like

And yet you keep coming back. You must really like getting “mistreated”.

1 Like

I found the website many years ago but can’t remember how. I thought the website only existed with the homepage, I realized there is a forum function too 2-3 years ago :grinning:.

I stayed because it makes me feel normal. I thought I was the only person who constantly thinks about cars and car deals :grinning: it’s good to see others have the same problem.

I also stayed because I learned a lot about leasing which I had no clue before and make couple of good friends here. Let’s not forget about the crazy Monday threads as well. They are always fun.

Thank you @michael @littleviolette and all the contributors for the fun and informative ride.

1 Like

Google search trying to get out of $350 dispo fee after selling Honda Odyssey to Vroom (which replaced a CRV AFTER the third kid), found this thread: Honda Lease Turn-in Fees Fees and Fees and no common legal sense - #36 by thejuice2292

Stayed for the memes, deals posted (good and bad), negative equity threads, and other interesting discussions.

1 Like

There are a few people who are reasonable and a pleasure to talk to. Aside for a select few mods that somehow need to get their power fix from this forum and keep turning the forum into the aforementioned “circle jerk”, it’s not that horrible, assuming one does not mention Tesla or Palluride ever under any circumstances other than praise. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let me know who they are, I have yet to find them …

3 Likes

You had 2 kids in a CRV?!? That’s against rule one of leasehacker. 1 kid = 3 row SUV, 2 kids - suburban, 3 kids you need at least a full size passenger van possibly 2 suburbans if in-laws are somehow involved. Have you not been reading anything at all?!?

6 Likes

Somebody call child protection services –

8 Likes

I can’t name names as I don’t want them to be branded njc sympathizers by certain people :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Really? Every post I have ever read about both has equal hate and love. Can you point to specific examples? I am truly curious. While mods can sometimes be a bit heavy handed for my liking I would rather they error on that side then this becoming a shit show.

As far as dissenting options being squashed I have never seen anything approaching that. Trying be open minded here but you are making some pretty vague claims without facts that frankly sound like you are salty form your feelings getting hurt.

I was on the lookout for a good Lease forum ever since RIDEwithG was shut down around 2014.

2 Likes

I post on an edmunds board called Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous. About 3 years ago, @28firefighter, @Qbrozen, & @pensfan83 tipped me off to LH which I stalked for about a year before I joined. A few months after I joined, I leased a 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport (DCLB) from @Bostoncarconcierge.

8 Likes

I have no feelings to get hurt so it’s not that. It’s hard to show you examples when everything gets deleted left and right, but I’ll get you a few examples over private message as I don’t want to turn this thread into “several moderators on this forum are nuts”

1 Like

I came here for the $400 etron and I am staying for the $750 A8L?

6 Likes

I heard about it from a retarded GM. Very demented constantly telling sales force how fleeting and unnecessary we were. IMHO he was a bipolar psychotic misanthrope! So typical of a abusive and toxic industry.

3 Likes

MYFICOFORUM

Great site for those interested in credit - LH came up in posts where people were looking for deals on leasing.

Love this site - has it all - newbies, hardened veterans, thin skinned, thick skinned, trolls …

2 Likes

Oh wow, I remember that site, was pretty good and if I remember correctly they had the MF/RV values as well for a lot of cars making the process easier.

Found LH while searching for ways to get out of a Jaguar lease, stayed because of the banter and broker deals which helped multiple members of the family, as well as myself, get into cars for a hell of a lot cheaper than if we went at it ourselves.

1 Like