How did you find Leasehackr and why did you stay?

We at Leasehackr have never spent money on marketing. Michael and I started this site with $200 and a pure passion to share our knowledge. We have always been surprised and warmed by the traction, the enthusiasm, and the willingness to help each other around here.

Completely out of curiosity – how did you discover Leasehackr? What did you search? And more importantly, what kept you around?

17 Likes

Huh… I think I’ve read an article about this site. But what article and where I have no idea at this point. It’s way to many years since my registration😂

2 Likes

Slickdeals originally, circa VW Golf EV craze, but didn’t join until the Bolt craze. S’pose I’m craze crazy. Stuck around because it’s like an online pub…interesting characters, and no one seems to mind when I drunk post.

2 Likes

Ah, circa 2016. When first-generation Cruzes were leasing for under $100/month with Toyota/Honda/Nissan conquest incentive.

1 Like

Yep…and when gas was less than a buck a gallon. You know you’re a hacker when you use incentives and programs as happy memories placeholders.

@littleviolette , im having a hard time remembering how exactly I ended up on the site but I vaguely remember you guys giving out Edmunds type of RV and MF in the early days and that’s prob how I ended up here

3 Likes

Found it when I was looking how to get out of my $450 per month Altima Lease. Got out of it and got a banger deal on a BMW paying less. Loving leasehackr for real for real

1 Like

I came here to learn the trigonometry.

I stayed for the never ending pissing match.

8 Likes

And all I get are eyerolls when I bring up Pythagorean Theorem! No one understands the importance of their hypotenuse.

3 Likes

Such an amazing platform that has been created here. I came for the knowledge and community, and stay because of the deals and creativity shared by many of the members here. I’m constantly amazed by the deals that get posted here, by consumers and dealers/brokers alike.

If I’m being honest though, a few of the trustedhackrs moderate with a sense of entitlement, which can be off-putting. More or less though the majority add incredible value.

4 Likes

You can thank @conanohasselhof for me lol
I needed MF/RV on 2016 S60 and Edmunds didn’t have them, but you did :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I legitimately don’t know how I first ended up here, but I stayed to see the deals people posted in ask the hackers to feel better about the first loaner lease I signed, was only like 14% off with base on an F30.

I think I may have first came here with the crazy E Class bluetec deal posted to the main page at some point.

4 Likes

Ain’t this the truth, not like we didn’t already know the math but wow do some people get feisty when commenting

3 Likes

I think I came here for the calculator originally, but was hooked after @loberant started posting crazy loaner BMW and Mini loaner deals circa 2016. Stayed because this turned into an affordable way to feed my car habit.

5 Likes

Speaking of nostalgia, I just found our Lease Log from the old days (I thought the page was broken, but it’s apparently still working). Good deals back then.

4 Likes

Bloomberg.

I poked around but didn’t dive in until holiday season of 2019. Ended up leasing GX460 just for sake of scoring deal.

2 Likes

I was doing a Google search to get residual/MF/incentives from Edmunds, and a LH page was near the top of the results. I was familiar with Lease Trader, had never heard of Swapalease (they never got the same coverage). I fell in love with the math porcupines, and the rest is history.

3 Likes

Was hunting down a 2017 Volt LT lease and found LH. After spending countless hours hacking at it, I got it to $140/mth + $1200 DAS. Not a unicorn, but good enough :slight_smile:

Oh, and then lurked for a couple of years before finally registering haha

2 Likes

Reddit. Some car sales guy was complaining about this site and I thought might as well join. Been lurking and posting on and off. My first post and assumably account creation was in October 2017 but, I’d say I was put on the site late 2016, early 2017

2 Likes

I found this site after I signed my 2019 Audi Q5 during Black Friday weekend 2019. Thought I would ask for feedback on the deal that I signed. Surprisingly, I did get a solid deal, but I had no ideal what anything actually was.

I lurked for a while during COVID-19 lockdown and then started getting interested in LH Costco deals for e-tron last July and learned to use the LH calculator. And the rest is history.

Mahalo to Michael and Violet in creating this invaluable resource. :call_me_hand:

1 Like