How Did I Do On This 2018 Touring Accord Hybrid?

Unless I’m mistaken, in NJ you have 24 hours to review the paper work (unless you signed a waiver).

This is an AWFUL deal. Like, absolutely AWFUL.

Chris tried helping no doubt.

Looks like Ronald has the mentality of low lease payments and not considering the money down. Prime candidate for dealers unfortunately…

2 Likes

No clue how you stayed as patient as you did with him, but major props for your efforts in trying to help him. I’m now just interested in how this plays out as he keeps saying over on the DriveAccord forums he now wants his monthly to be at $250 and is even making mention of putting more down???

From DriveAccord:
“Please do not provide me with no down payment deal. I have to put something down. Just want to get my payments to $250 per month. Want to know if $9k down will get me to that (and that $9k includes first month payment)
Or, what down payment I actually would need to get payments in the $250 per month range. Thanks”

1 Like

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/241-10th-generation/523026-no-touring-accord-hybrids-had-found-one-need-help-lease-now.html

So they selling you the car at sticker + add on (mark up) and you think it is a good deal?

If this is not trolling, you can bank roll asap. Dont drive the car off the lot

Don’t know about other state but in California you need to have a valid insurance policy in order for you to drive the car off the lot/make the deal happen. If your state is similar, just cancel the insurance, tell the dealer that you have no insurance and wont take the car… they cant do much here, after 7 days the deal is canceled and you can simple ask for your money back…

Read the driveaccord thread. Holy moly.

Here’s the sales team at the Honda store

11 Likes

“Granted, I am not too smart when it comes to leases.”

“I am sorry. I am stupid… this is so hard to figure out.”

What I don’t get is OP admits he’s out of his depth but still insists putting $9,000 down is totally normal?

3 Likes

Couldn’t you One Pay two Encores and pay someone to drive next to you in the other one at all times with 9 grand?

12 Likes

Which dealer is this? Going to go in and try to leverage a deal knowing they just made a ton of money off you.

10 Likes

In fairness to the OP he’s playing chess while y’all are playing checkers. With that sweet hybrid drivetrain he’s going to come out ahead of all of us if gas keeps going up. Imagine how stupid you will all feel when it hits $1,000.00 a gallon?

7 Likes

not to mention the irony that his last lease vehicle was totalled, and he still doesn’t get that if he puts down $9k and his new car is totalled tomorrow he loses all that money

1 Like

He’s living in 3018 while we’re in 2018?

5 Likes

Thanks! I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old, so explaining things to people who fail to grasp simple concepts comes naturally to me…

In hindsight, perhaps I should have been mean, and he would have gotten it. Probably not though.

The weird thing about his insistence on making a down payment is that he’s leasing because he just wrecked his MKX that he put a ton of money down on. And I’m guessing that he didn’t get his down payment back, and I even used that as an example of why not to use a down payment.

For the life of me I cannot understand the obsession with hitting a “low payment” when you’re flushing thousands of dollars down the toilet to do so and not even making an attempt to save money, long or short term, by listening to advice on how to get a better deal. If he had just spent 15 minutes sending my very achievable leasehackr calculation to several dealers, one would have for sure bitten, and he would have saved himself over $5000. Fools and their money, as they say. The good news is that they subsidize the rest of us.

6 Likes

OP said central NJ on the other forum. I REALLY hope this wasn’t Hamilton Honda, they are usually OK, I would hope they wouldn’t do someone like this. This sounds like a Planet Honda move to me, or maybe Hillside.

1 Like

4D Chess baby! 202020

If you have nearly $10,000 to put down on an Accord lease, you simply buy and finance for 60-72 months.

4 Likes

Using the above number and 0.00110 MF, the selling price of the car will need to be $37000, a $2200 above MSRP :confounded:

Little do we all know these are the nicest fur lined 24k gold 4K 95” HDR/Dolby vision floor mats anyone has ever seen.

Yeah, that’s what baffles me the most. That’s why I wasted so much time typing helpful posts, because I respect someone who acknowledges that they have no clue what they’re doing and are open to seeking help from others. But the weird thing is that he decided to double down on his self-acknowledged lack of knowledge by not learning a damn thing.

2 Likes