How Did I Do On This 2018 Touring Accord Hybrid?

I would tell OP to stay at least 5 miles away from that dealer lot :joy:

LHers should really be appreciative of the OP. People like him subsidize and make deals possible for us.

15 Likes

What did I just read???

6 Likes

Here is what the lease looks like with 0 down based upon current residuals and 10% off msrp.

If you want an Accord just buy it basically.

1. do not pickup the car
  2. stop the check
  3. call or rather email sales person and mention that you are no longer interested in the deal and will be cancelling the check

I think (Iā€™m not sure) in NJ you get like 24 hours to walk away from a signed deal (unless you have already signed a waiver). Experts can chime in.

Iā€™m unsure if you have really signed that. But Iā€™m answering it sincerely as someone can reference this in future and avoid such kind of blunders.

Or lease and expect that you will have equity at the end, so 100/mth of your payment is building equity.

ef8

1 Like

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

Never mind. Assuming you are serious, you need to cancel this lease. There are just too many wrongs with the number.

Thatā€™s why I think heā€™s a troll. It doesnā€™t add up

Heā€™s already detailed that above.

Guys,

Ronald is NOT a troll. He is from DriveAccord forums. I tried to help him on this lease and educate him on leasing in general SEVERAL times, as I got the feeling he has always just signed a lease at whatever the dealer told him. I even posted an example leasehackr calculator for $462/mo on a 36/12 with driveoffs, which was considering a VERY easy to achieve 9% discount on MSRP. I got 12.5% off my Sport 2.0T 6MT when I bought it in February.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/241-10th-generation/522010-honda-finance-calculator.html

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/241-10th-generation/523026-no-touring-accord-hybrids-had.html

But dude didnā€™t want to listen until nowā€¦

Can anyone actually help him get out of this horrible deal?

7 Likes

Troll or no troll, itā€™s been a new sport lately of signing a deal and theeeeen asking if it was good or not.
Donā€™t know nor care if it was a good or bad deal, from now on when I see a post like this, going to regard it as pointless and look pass it.
But dude didnā€™t want to listen until nowā€¦
Can anyone actually help him get out of this horrible deal?
I suspect ā€œNoā€, even if someone can, I doubt it will serve as a lesson for him, he needs to learn for 39 month and then, do his thing.

Great detail in those threads you posted, letā€™s hope OP can figure a way out of this mess.

1 Like

This is the greatest thread ever!

Wonder what kind of boat the GSM and salesman are getting.

4 Likes

Thanks! I tried my best! But sometimes you canā€™t save people from themselves. I just hope he can get out of it, learn, and do better next time.

I enjoy educating people about leasing since there are sooooo many misconceptions and misunderstandings surrounding it. I canā€™t lease myself due to driving 25-30k miles a year (and crazy high Michigan insurance rates mean having multiple vehicles isnā€™t cost effective), but Iā€™ve helped many friends and family get dirt cheap leases using what Iā€™ve learned on here and the example deals posted.

3 Likes

Wow, I am speechless. I read those driveaccord posts, you did your absolute best to save this guy, and not even close he tries to listen to your advice. I donā€™t think there is anything else we can say to help here. He setup his mind and wonā€™t take constructive advices.

Plus that mbk734 guy is trying to give out wrong information. This thing isnā€™t going anywhere

5 Likes

Good try educating him. I find it difficult to understand he failed to get the basic premises you were advising him on, made the same mistakes, then came here to verify that he did well.

1 Like

And the winner of this yearā€™s Worst Lease of the year goes toā€¦