How Did I Do On This 2018 Touring Accord Hybrid?

ef8

1 Like

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

Never mind. Assuming you are serious, you need to cancel this lease. There are just too many wrongs with the number.

That’s why I think he’s a troll. It doesn’t add up

He’s already detailed that above.

Guys,

Ronald is NOT a troll. He is from DriveAccord forums. I tried to help him on this lease and educate him on leasing in general SEVERAL times, as I got the feeling he has always just signed a lease at whatever the dealer told him. I even posted an example leasehackr calculator for $462/mo on a 36/12 with driveoffs, which was considering a VERY easy to achieve 9% discount on MSRP. I got 12.5% off my Sport 2.0T 6MT when I bought it in February.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/241-10th-generation/522010-honda-finance-calculator.html

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/241-10th-generation/523026-no-touring-accord-hybrids-had.html

But dude didn’t want to listen until now…

Can anyone actually help him get out of this horrible deal?

7 Likes

Troll or no troll, it’s been a new sport lately of signing a deal and theeeeen asking if it was good or not.
Don’t know nor care if it was a good or bad deal, from now on when I see a post like this, going to regard it as pointless and look pass it.
But dude didn’t want to listen until now…
Can anyone actually help him get out of this horrible deal?
I suspect “No”, even if someone can, I doubt it will serve as a lesson for him, he needs to learn for 39 month and then, do his thing.

Great detail in those threads you posted, let’s hope OP can figure a way out of this mess.

1 Like

This is the greatest thread ever!

Wonder what kind of boat the GSM and salesman are getting.

4 Likes

Thanks! I tried my best! But sometimes you can’t save people from themselves. I just hope he can get out of it, learn, and do better next time.

I enjoy educating people about leasing since there are sooooo many misconceptions and misunderstandings surrounding it. I can’t lease myself due to driving 25-30k miles a year (and crazy high Michigan insurance rates mean having multiple vehicles isn’t cost effective), but I’ve helped many friends and family get dirt cheap leases using what I’ve learned on here and the example deals posted.

3 Likes

Wow, I am speechless. I read those driveaccord posts, you did your absolute best to save this guy, and not even close he tries to listen to your advice. I don’t think there is anything else we can say to help here. He setup his mind and won’t take constructive advices.

Plus that mbk734 guy is trying to give out wrong information. This thing isn’t going anywhere

5 Likes

Good try educating him. I find it difficult to understand he failed to get the basic premises you were advising him on, made the same mistakes, then came here to verify that he did well.

1 Like

And the winner of this year’s Worst Lease of the year goes to…

Unless I’m mistaken, in NJ you have 24 hours to review the paper work (unless you signed a waiver).

This is an AWFUL deal. Like, absolutely AWFUL.

Chris tried helping no doubt.

Looks like Ronald has the mentality of low lease payments and not considering the money down. Prime candidate for dealers unfortunately…

2 Likes

No clue how you stayed as patient as you did with him, but major props for your efforts in trying to help him. I’m now just interested in how this plays out as he keeps saying over on the DriveAccord forums he now wants his monthly to be at $250 and is even making mention of putting more down???

From DriveAccord:
“Please do not provide me with no down payment deal. I have to put something down. Just want to get my payments to $250 per month. Want to know if $9k down will get me to that (and that $9k includes first month payment)
Or, what down payment I actually would need to get payments in the $250 per month range. Thanks”

1 Like

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/241-10th-generation/523026-no-touring-accord-hybrids-had-found-one-need-help-lease-now.html

So they selling you the car at sticker + add on (mark up) and you think it is a good deal?

If this is not trolling, you can bank roll asap. Dont drive the car off the lot

Don’t know about other state but in California you need to have a valid insurance policy in order for you to drive the car off the lot/make the deal happen. If your state is similar, just cancel the insurance, tell the dealer that you have no insurance and wont take the car… they cant do much here, after 7 days the deal is canceled and you can simple ask for your money back…

Read the driveaccord thread. Holy moly.

Here’s the sales team at the Honda store

11 Likes