How busy are car dealers?

You don’t get what I’m saying? Take this excuse away from them and let them come up with another “convincing” excuse to bring you in.

2 Likes

Oh yeah. I just say I only come in when I have all the numbers. They aren’t happy but they continue the conversation.

Its not. just you. I tell them I’m looking for numbers, already driven. and they come back with. Our best number are only for walkins

They will keep trying, sure. But there is no reason for you to go there anymore, that they can push for.

How about free gift cards for test drives? Does that work?

If I am going to do a test drive already then that is a nice plus but to go test drive just to get the card seems inefficient because then the try to sell you.

@ursus would drive up to MA for this gift card :smile:

He was razzing Ursus

Plus in general understanding how effective those $25/$50 test drive gimmicks work?

I have been to dealers that were so busy they hardly had time to greet people (BMW Boston).
I have been to dealers that were so dead, all the sales people were home lol (Volvo Norwood)
Also if you walk in Porsche dealerships during the day, it is generally crickets. YOu can roam around freely …
I actually now work on the Automile in Norwood, MA where there is a mile of car dealrships lol…

Nah, I got $50 from my Subaru dealer while waiting for my Forester being serviced.

Emailing & texting is the way to go now days.
People don’t have time to dealer hop.

only the people that use this site may think this way but we still get a majority of sales from foot traffic. (socal dealer)

1 Like

And i am sure the dealer makes a good profit on those customers

10% of dealers usually genuinely respond to a short sweet email of mine asking for sales price, incentives applied ,MF, and RV.
The rest just BS and say “what payment are you looking for”

My favorite is a local Honda dealer who will just simply respond with Invoice, sell price, MF and RV on anything I send him. He knows I know how to figure a payment. Wish more were like that.

2 Likes

What brand of dealership do you work for?

audi, also some dealers do a hybrid system where the floor sales people also get leads and I can tell you they sometimes don’t respond to customers because they get someone walk in but then forget to respond.

It seems to vary so much by region. I have no problem getting back emailed quotes here in California, which makes car buying relatively simple and straightforward.

I’m trying to get a quote on a Tiguan in the MD/VA/DC area and no one will email or get back to me with anything in writing. Rather annoying. Also their websites all advertise crazy discounts off MSRP, but they add destination charge (which is really part of the MSRP) on top, as well as $699 doc fees, and it’s only if you finance through them – at who knows what exorbitant rate.

I can try to hook you up with someone at Stohlman or Lindsay. But yeah, that’s what they do with prices, but you can score a deal. VW headquarters in NoVa.

1 Like