How about a laugh button

Because some posts are so wildly outrageous that all you can do is laugh. And adding such a button next to the heart might be a good idea. Thoughts?

7 Likes

I like it but sensitive people won’t.

7 Likes

Might be a good incentive to implementing it.

1 Like

Facebook and Yelp have it currently, I think it could be fun

1 Like

The argument against this will be the same reason there isn’t a dislike button, basically don’t want to make the community have a feature that could easily create adversarial situations. I still think it’s a good idea, but I’m sure that will be the argument against.

2 Likes

I’m all for dislike and laugh button.

6 Likes

Give us a :clown_face: button

6 Likes

Personally in favor, but likely not good for community growth or engagement

4 Likes

It might be my commitment issues but the heart icon always bothered me. We don’t know each other well enough to “love” their posts so shouldn’t it just be a “like” icon? A simple thumbs up rather than a romantic gesture? Just sayin’. :slight_smile: :+1:

2 Likes

Even though I :heart: your post, I want you to know that I didn’t love it but I did like it.

See… that’s what I’m talkin’ 'bout.

We are all acquaintances… maybe friends… but rarely lovers. :slight_smile:

We will consider it. Personally I like simplicity. To me, heart/thumbs-up/laugh provide for a similar positive feedback. Having a list of reaction buttons like LinkedIn/Facebook over-complicate things in my opinion. You would need to think about which reaction button to use and would need to click through each reaction icon to see who exactly laughed/liked/thumbed-up a post.

With regards to a dislike button – what would we be disliking? A bad deal? A politically charged comment? Would having a dislike button prevent users from piling on (likely not because technically people can just like a previous post that said the same thing)? I am trying to sketch out the scenarios in which the dislike button would be used and assess its impact.

I just want a Like instead of Love… not going to be put a ring on it. :slight_smile: