How about a laugh button

Nah I have no problem debating people who will argue about literally anything, even things as minuscule as the implementation of a laugh button on a forum. But to answer your question, if you said something funny, I may have pressed the button.

P.S. I would chill out, it’s just not that serious…

3 Likes

Even better reason to do it.

2 Likes

Dude. You are massively over thinking this.

3 Likes

Dude… you are taking my comment too seriously. :slight_smile:

1 Like

5 Likes

Just wondering if the reaction type is part of the forum software and they only have “heart/love” available.

I understand why you wouldn’t want negative reactions but I think the “thumbs up” is a better overall reaction and more widely used.

Or maybe I’m massively overthinking this. :slight_smile:

Why is this thread revived and why does an internet emoticon that crudely depicts the shape and color of an anatomical human heart offend/make grown adults insecure?

1 Like

I participate on a few other Discourse forums (but not an owner of any of those). I have only seen the heart as a “like.”

The only other app/site I’ve seen that uses heart as a like is GroupMe.

Why not? This is a suggestions thread.

Commitment issues. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Okay… But this site uses Discourse as the underlying platform, and I don’t know (and I actually doubt) that Discourse has other options for a “Like.”

1 Like

So that helps answer my question, it’s a function of Discourse. Thanks.

1 Like

Lol my initial suggestion was made somewhat in jest. I do believe that a laugh button could serve a purpose though. If enough people hit that button in response to those outlandish, even egregious posts which we are all too familiar with here, it could save us from long, unproductive, pointless threads full of pile-on and piggy back replies.

But at the end of the day, who cares enough about this? Not me.

1 Like

I like every reaction there except for the Thumbs Down.

The thumbs down has its purpose. Embrace the thumbs down.

1 Like

:-1:

:slight_smile:

1 Like

See? Wasn’t that fun?