Honda Civic LX/EX/EX-T

Not sure how you can extend a lease. Most say no way unless you purchase a car and are waiting on it to be built or arrive. Any secret to extending a lease? I asked about it to a few places and were told no.

I think usually you just have to ask. Sometimes finance companies say yes, sometimes no. Itā€™s usually in the best interest of the financial company to say yes since youā€™re still paying a premium for an older car.

Only if you are paying a premiumā€¦ I pay 176 a month for a sonata. I would probably be happy extending it depending if I canā€™t get a similar deal. But also then you risk out of warranty bumper to bumper.

Just ask your leasing company. Volvo does it, for one. There is an option to request extension from online account.

Honda Financial Services told me I could extend my lease when I was going to turn it in earlier this year. They offered me a new, slightly lower payment, and said I could extend twice, up to a total of 12 months. I didnā€™t even ask, they just offered.

Not sure about other brandsā€¦

Skildner

Could you provide your sales reps name? I live here in stlouis and the leasing prices on Hondas are horrible. I got in contact with Valley Honda up in Chicago and they offered a Honda Civic Hatchback EX for 255 with no money down. I was thinking about driving all the way up there but your price is pretty outstanding.

Sterling,

Go to Munganast on 7/31, If they havenā€™t made there numbers, Youā€™ll be able to get the deal your looking for. I have on a purchase from them the last day of the month got a better trade in and price, I didnā€™t even have to push hard.

Please advise on the following lease deal I secured for a 2017 Honda Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing, model below the Turbo:

-36/12K in CA (57% RV, 0.0006 MF)
-Cap cost of $24,604.35 (MSRP $23,015)
-$1000 down, tax and acq fee rolled into monthly
-$353/mo (dealer was negotiating to come down to $295, which made me walk away knowing that maybe this is even too high)

Iā€™ve been reading the forums for vehicles in different areas at way lower monthlys. My credit w/ cosigner puts me in Tier 1/ 0.9% apr (purchase).

1st Dealer Iā€™ve visited in Southern CA. Any help, suggestions? Should I be emailing another dealer to get better pricing. Iā€™m seeing a lot of forums saying this car should go for $220=$250.

Cap cost is $1600 over MSRP? :thinking:

Here was the deal structure:

Market Value: 23,015
Discount - 437.23
Vehicle Selling: 22,577

Accessories (Low jack and 3M Cup Guards): 990
Docment, LT, Acquisition, Tax: 1,036

Total Cap: $24,604
Down/ Cash Cap Reduction: -646.78
Net Cap: $23,957

Run away. Virtually no discount, $1000 in garbage accessories, means you can do MUCH better elsewhere.

2 Likes

Year: 2017
Make, Model, and Trim: Honda Civic LX
Months/Annual Mileage: 36/12k
Zip Code: 50010

Thanks.

Looking into 2017 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T MSRP $23,275 (36/12k).

Anyone have any luck lately with a good sell price? I am looking to get $3K off without incentives or lease cash. Is that pushing it even though itā€™s Q4 now?

How about a dealer telling you they are splitting the $900 lease cash between you and the dealer ($600/$300)? I thought it was all or nothing but are they even allowed to do that?

My friend got

167.76 plus tax 182.8 OTD for 35 months
$1000 total drive off including all fees 12k miles 36 months
EX-T Civic MSRP $23,175
selling price 18,400
MF .0006

Was anyone able to do better? All dealers told me they canā€™t get close to 19k selling price. Only one in LA could.

Hey Idenis!

Random question and I DOUBT it will be possible BUT I was speaking to a dealer and mentioned your friends deal but I kind of said that was my friend! And the Manager told me if I have a picture of the contract with the price, they would be able to match it. Im getting quoted nonsense in LA, with 1500 down up to almost 300 a month. Even with excellent credit & recent grad discount. Im not sure if itā€™s because Im a girl going in alone but no one seems to be taking me seriously!!

Any way you can hook it up with a picture?! :smiley:

I will message youā€¦

Holy crap that is an insane deal. Best I could get the local dealers down to was $600 + $237/35 with all weather mats. Dont understand how leases are so cheap in CA.

I was told to use Simplecar.co to get that deal, which they did end up offering that oddly fast enough

is this from LA? can you pm dealer contact?

I went through simplecar and signed the lease with Monrovia Honda dealership Sierra Honda I believe is what theyā€™re called. I just signed the lease last night. 175 a month + tax (190), 1k down including all fees, 36 month lease 12k miles a year

My lease included a $500 grad incentive and 1k down